• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT sinus/allergy sufferers

Question
    Hope someone know something about nasal sprays

of course this happens at 7 pm... lol

my dr put me on a steroid nasal spray. 2 sprays 1xday.. So for the last 2 days my right nostril has been plugging up, i have allergies so I did not think too much of it. So I am on the phone w/my son and I just started massaging my right side of my nostril/face (not up my nose, lol) all the sudden I'm like **** must have broke something loose-runny snot...oh no i look at my hand and its blood, blood is running out of my nose like a faucet. It only lasted about 3ish minutes but scared the **** out of me, still feeling a little panicky. I have never had a nose bleed out of the blue in my life.

Anyone know if steroid nasal sprays could cause this kind of thing? I have been on it for about 3 weeks, squirting away faithfully. Wondering if I should go to the ER.

Thanks for any help.

Ya know....I was told my dog who is on prednisone

could have nose bleeds. So Yes, I bet it is related. Don't panic. Call Walgreens pharmacy and ask the druggest, they are good at answering such questions. Maybe get advice too.

Comment

Probably don't need the ER

Since your nosebleed stopped, I agree with the post that says phone the pharmacist.

Lots of things can cause a nosebleed, plus with your allergy/sinus problems you have probably been sniffing and blowing - that may have contributed.

Comment

Thank you, I did call Walgreens, they were as always very helpful. Not going to use the spray anymore, it was helping but at what price. anyway..Thank you again for the reply, I feel better now, got myself calmed down. Sometimes I can be a neurotic mess, lol.

Comment

Working...
        X