• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day tomorrow...ugh!!

Here is my schedule for tomorrow:

Yellow lab---B&B

Shih tzu---New client

Bichon---#4 clipper vac, bichon head (yeah right).

Yorkie---1" all over.

Cocker--always brushed out and 3 inches long or so. But it's STILL a cocker! lol Hoping he'll be a B&B tomorrow and not a full groom.

Drum roll...

Chow/husky mix---last groomed 2 years ago!!!! I hope it's a no-show, honestly!!! LOL Or maybe I'll see if I can win the Miracle Makeover contest!!!

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

When I was reading through your message, I thought..."yeah, sounds like a typical day, no big deal", but then I read the chow/husky line.lol! That could just turn your whole day upside down, couldn't it? Here's hoping that its a no show, but I have a feeling it will probably show up. Those kind usually do. Hopefully, the rest of the week isn't so bad.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

chow/husky

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
      Here is my schedule for tomorrow:

Yellow lab---B&B

Shih tzu---New client

Bichon---#4 clipper vac, bichon head (yeah right).

Yorkie---1" all over.

Cocker--always brushed out and 3 inches long or so. But it's STILL a cocker! lol Hoping he'll be a B&B tomorrow and not a full groom.

Drum roll...

Chow/husky mix---last groomed 2 years ago!!!! I hope it's a no-show, honestly!!! LOL Or maybe I'll see if I can win the Miracle Makeover contest!!!

Tammy in Utah
      maybe he'll be a 7f a/o and he won't feel like singing all day. watch out for the cocker pee! good luck....I was just thinking about my day tomorrow also, when I read this....sigh my son woke me up at 5:30 am to tell me the Easter Bunny came to visit, so I'm tired

Comment

Originally posted by furrybestjob View Post
        When I was reading through your message, I thought..."yeah, sounds like a typical day, no big deal", but then I read the chow/husky line.lol! That could just turn your whole day upside down, couldn't it? Here's hoping that its a no show, but I have a feeling it will probably show up. Those kind usually do. Hopefully, the rest of the week isn't so bad.
        Ya know, Furry, you're right, they DO often show up. Because they suddenly realize that the dog needs to be groomed...NOW. I tried to tell them a very high price, but when I checked the records (later), I realized that my STARTING price was the same as they were charged last time. Fortunately I told them "It will be AT LEAST $XX---that is my STARTING price." I also called them back when I realized they were not up to date on all the shots, and the owner tried to tell me the dog was an indoor dog, bla bla bla, didn't need kennel cough or any of that...so I'm hoping she found another place that didn't require it. Ahhh, the benefits of requiring vaccinations, lol.

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to look at my schedule, don't want to ruin my sleep. lol

I'm hoping the Chow won't show for ya, but it probably will.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

shew! looks like an easy day to me! heres my schedule for tomorrow:
            shih-tzu, full coat/hand scissor
            shih-tzu,
            pekingnese,
            golden retriever
            shih-tzu
            poodle
            lhasa apso
            yorkie
            yorkie-poo ugh!
            shih-tzu
            sure are alot of shih-tzu's round here! t/g!

Comment

Hmm, I didn't check my books for tomorrow.

I'd rather do your chow/husky shave than my grumpy Airedale tomorrow. I too also have a big lab for B&B tomorrow. I can't remember what the other 6 are though. Whew, looks like a slow day hopefully. I'm still trying to recoop from last week.

Comment

i'll say a little prayer that he goes elsewhere

thank god all i have monday is a pitbull bath and persian brush out i'll be done by 9 am with plenty of time to run errands.

Comment

ew Husky chow. That doesnt sound pleasant but maybe he will surprise you!!

I have no clue what i have today but I remember seeing all the slots were filled.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                    Ya know, Furry, you're right, they DO often show up. Because they suddenly realize that the dog needs to be groomed...NOW. I tried to tell them a very high price, but when I checked the records (later), I realized that my STARTING price was the same as they were charged last time. Fortunately I told them "It will be AT LEAST $XX---that is my STARTING price." I also called them back when I realized they were not up to date on all the shots, and the owner tried to tell me the dog was an indoor dog, bla bla bla, didn't need kennel cough or any of that...so I'm hoping she found another place that didn't require it. Ahhh, the benefits of requiring vaccinations, lol.

Tammy in Utah
                    I think I'd have quoted $XXX for that mess.... Makes my split day between the vet's and mobile (5 at the vet's, 6 mobile--all small) seem easy by comparison.

Comment

Chow/Husky mix, huh?
                      Crazy lab, you say?
                      I JUST had a Chow/Shepherd mix in as my last client of the day on Saturday.
                      The owner requested to stay, which I don't ever have a problem with.
                      The dog had a CRAZY PACKED IN COAT !! HV dried that dog for about an hour and man, was the fur ever flyin !!!
                      I never really mind doing blowouts on packed in coats.
                      Better than the CRAZY YELLOW LAB I have coming in later today.
                      The dog is NUTS !!
                      Guess that's the "rescue dog concern" in me.
                      I do comp grooms for a few area shelters... soo... you get it.
                      Still charge accordingly though.
                      Michelle

Comment

ok, I'll play...my schedule for tomorrow:

Cavalier-#2 all over
                        Maltese-bath, touch up
                        Maltese-bath, touch up
                        Bichon-bath, touch up
                        Small terrier mix, bath touch up
                        Shihtzu-bath, touch up
                        Min. Poodle-haircut
                        Standard Schnauzer-haircut
                        Shelty-bath, brush
                        Shelty-bath, brush
                        Min. Poodle-haircut
                        Min. Poodle-haircut
                        Cockapoo (I think)-haircut
                        Mystery dog (schedule says "large dog bath")-we'll see I guess
                        Westie-haircut

Fortunately I have a bather...yeah!

Comment

So, spikey...did the dog show up?
                          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Humm, she might still be at work doing that dog!!

Comment

or she is just relaxing or zonked out on the couch after doing that!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X