Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An actual phone conversation I just had.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An actual phone conversation I just had.

"Yeah how much is it to cut a dog?"

Me, (Ignoring that he just asked me to 'cut' his dog, and assuming he means give it a haircut) "It depends on the type of dog you have and the condition of the dog."

Him: "Oh I don't know. He's small and hairy. He's about 5 weeks old."

Me: "Well we can't take a dog that young, they're too young to have their vaccines."

Him: "What?"

Me: "Your dog needs to be at least 16 weeks old and received vaccines before we can accept them."

Him: "What? I just got him from my brother. I didn't know they needed any of that ****. I just want him to get cut."

Me: "I'm sorry sir, that policy is in effect to protect your dog and the dogs in our care."

Him: "Well when can I get an appointment?"

Me: "Sir, not until your dog is 16 weeks old and had proper vaccination."

Him: "So you can't get him in this week? I just need him cut real quick."

Me: "No sir."

Him: "Okay, I'll call somewhere else."

:::headdesk:::

5 weeks old??? That puppy needs to be with his mama! Very sad, that guy doesn't sound like a promising owner.
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

he probably shouldnt have a dog-dumb dumb

Comment

It's unfortunate that so many people acquire animals with absolutely no clue that they actually need more than food and water. (some don't even provide that much)

Comment

And to think this "brilliant" guy has a brother "smart" enough to trust him with a puppy.

Comment

Poor puppy!

Separated from mom at such a young age and being stuck with someone who sounds like he doesn't know the first thing about caring for a dog!

Comment

Originally posted by SwissNChow View Post
              And to think this "brilliant" guy has a brother "smart" enough to trust him with a puppy.
              Yep. The crackah don't fall far from the box, do it?
              Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
              George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Honestly how much hair could a 5week old puppy have that it NEEDS to get "cut" NOW anyways... Poor puppy..

Comment

Calls back:

"Um, yeah. My brother just told me that it's a cat....."

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                    Yep. The crackah don't fall far from the box, do it?
                    AH HA Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! You LEAVE my relative outta this!
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Someone will groom the puppy, because of the money with no regards for the poor puppys health, glad it wasn't you.
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

That reminds me of when I worked at a Petsomething and these people came in and asked me how much it would cost to get their dogs "ears cut" on a small puppy. I asked if that was all they wanted "trimmed" and they told me yes. I told them for a quick trim on just the ears it would start at $5 dollars and go up from that price depending on if dematting was needed but I could could give them a better quote after seeing the dog. The customers looked very excited and ran out into the store to get the dog. They can come back in the salon with pit bull puppy. Uugghh. They wanted the dogs ear docked and were extremely excited that it would possible cost $5. Sillly me not asking the breed first.

Comment

Working...
                        X