X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Attack hard to believe

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...n.Cat.Attacks/

geez....

The owner of that cat is an idiot and completely irresponsible to allow her cat to repeatedly attack people while feigning disbelief. Give me a break.

~ Stacey

Comment

I view letting cats loose to be every bit as irresponsible as letting dogs roam loose. In addition to attacking pets (I know of a pit bull who was very badly mauled by a cat) and people, they can also pose a threat to wildlife, and on that subject, wildl animals get blamed when a cat is attacked or killed

Comment

"Lost Cat" signs...

Whenever I see a "Lost Cat" sign posted on a streetlight, I immediately translate as, "Dead Cat"....now who's fault is that????Duh...
        Whenever I see a "Free Kittens" sign, I translate as, "Hi, I'm an ignorant and irresponsible cat owner." A friend of mine got a free kitten from the woman who constantly had the infamous "Free Kittens" sign posted. She said that the woman had a litter box under the couch in the living room. That is one of the grossest things I have ever heard.
        If I won the lottery, I would be on a big campaign for responsible pet ownership. Til then, I'm still piping my opinion to whose who will listen.

Comment

Making light of an aggressive pet and turning a blind eye to those kinds of behavioral problems, whether it's a dog or a cat, is stupid at best. Substitute the word "pit bull" for "cat" and I'd bet my collection of dust bunnies under the bed that the article would take on an entirely different tone....and NOBODY would find it amusing.

Cats are damn dangerous despite their size and anyone who denies this is deluded.
          Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
          George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

This cat is 19yrs old....so I find it a bit unbelievable that it is attacking..

I live with cats and have several live past 16 and one was 19 1/2. They could hardly move.

My guess it would be a neighbors cat. In the UK lots of cat owners turn them loose in the day and bring them in nite.

Comment

Can I just say that in the UK, nearly every cat is let "out" of the home. The UK does not have a rabies problem. It is an Island and has very strict laws, that include "Pet passports" for animals coming into the country and also has qurantine laws, that will isolate your animal for 6 months in kennels.

Comment

We had a 17 year old cat that would ccome at you sideways still and go for my dog. He was like that right to the end. And it isn't only rabies as a problem with letting cats roam. They get hit by cars attacked by dogs, poop in playgrounds and people are cruel to them.

Comment

Working...
                X