Standard poodle groom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard poodle groom

This is a standard poodle that I had to groom. I showed the owner the pelt that I clipped off this dog and told her how bad it was to let the dog get so matted. I offered to put the dog on a bath and brush out schedule at a good price and she has already scheduled the next few baths.
    It works out for everyone, I get the experience, the dog gets groomed and the owner doesn’t have to pay out a bunch of money.

Thanks Bernie for your help your the best

SEE UPDATE
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Poochie1; 06-27-10, 08:00 AM.

Woo-Hoo! I only helped cuz it's more pics for me to look at, and me loves to look at pretty pics. Can't say the first one is all that pretty tho?

I really don't understand why someone would acquire a beautiful Std. Poo...and let them get that gross.
    I know it happens all the time, but for some reason it bugs me more w/ Standards than other breeds.

You did a really nice "Relief Groom" (that's my new word for them this Summer,...I'm not letting owners completely off the hook anymore) on the big girl Poochie.
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Poochie1 View Post
      This is a standard poodle that I had to groom. I showed the owner the pelt that I clipped off this dog and told her how bad it was to let the dog get so matted. I offered to put the dog on a bath and brush out schedule at a good price and she has already scheduled the next few baths.
      It works out for everyone, I get the experience, the dog gets groomed and the owner doesn’t have to pay out a bunch of money.

Thanks Bernie for your help your the best
      What a nice Transformation!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
        I really don't understand why someone would acquire a beautiful Std. Poo...and let them get that gross.
        I know it happens all the time, but for some reason it bugs me more w/ Standards than other breeds.
        OMG! I know, RIGHT?!?! We see quite a few standards and for the most part the owners do a good job keeping up on them, but occasionally we get one that really makes you want to slap the owner. I mean, huge poodle just screams maintenance to me, why didn't they think about that before they got the dog? We even have a few of those "don't make my poodle look like a poodle" people, but they still take the time to get their dog groomed on a decent schedule. I realize that poodles are smart, and have a great personality (which is why I may eventually get one), but I don't really believe that is why most non-groomer people get a standard poodle. I think most people view them as some sort of status symbol and try very hard to keep their status symbol looking nice. I just wish more people felt about their dogs they way those standard owners felt, our job would be so much easier and way more fun!
        I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
        -Michelangelo

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
          Woo-Hoo! I only helped cuz it's more pics for me to look at, and me loves to look at pretty pics. Can't say the first one is all that pretty tho?

You did a really nice "Relief Groom" (that's my new word for them this Summer,...I'm not letting owners completely off the hook anymore) on the big girl Poochie.
          I know sibes it really bugs me too that’s why I am taking the time to try and get the owner to be more responsible with the grooming. She first got the lecture and then I told her that it is all about the dog not her. Then I told her that I would bathe, brush and trim for half price if she will bring her in regularity. She knows I am right and the really cool thing was the kennel was packed with people and everyone was telling her how beautiful the dog was.
          Great confidence boost for me. I have done a lot of different jobs in my life but nothing compares to the gratifying feeling you get when you change a dogs appearance. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy…LOL

Comment

st poo

Wow. so glad the owner agreed to follow-up with regular grooming. I have a beautiful Black Russian Terrier that is owned by a pilot & loves him in full coat, however she only brings him in about every 6 months!!!!!!!! "Relief grooming" ( nice way of saying shavedown) is what he gets & I have tried several ways to have her bring him in more & she won't. I need to consider my options with this client.....

Comment

She looks so pretty! Great job.

Comment

Good job!

She looks like a different dog! Good for you for talking her into a regular schedule!

Comment

I love that! "RELIEF GROOM

"
                  don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Update Owner transformation.

The owner of this standard came back in to have her groomed and she was in great shape. I told this owner if she keeps Sadie in great shape like this I will always charge half price for the groom.
                    Instead of it being a relief groom it’s a fun groom, for me and the dog. Great practice for me too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Glad you could make her feel her better. Plus educate the owners to really take better care of her great job....
                      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                      and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                      www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

aw yay! she's looking great.

Comment

Working...
                        X