Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What grooming stuff should I ask for? Birthday coming up

Hi,
    I got some new blades already but not sure what is good to ask someone for that isn't a groomer. I'm actually the first dog groomer ever in my family. I don't want to ask for something and end up with the wrong thing. What is a good thing to ask for that people can't mess up?
    K.

Gift certificates for companies you like (Show Season, Espree, Hanvey, Petedge, etc.) That way you get what you want. My mom used to say GC's were so impersonal. I told her I love getting them. I don't think of them as impersonal as that way I know I can get exactly what I want.
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Add some stuff to a "shopping bag" on one of the groomer stuff sites and let your family take it from there. Of course, you could take a catalog and circle in marker the things you want, too.

Comment

If there is something specific you want you could just make a list with links to sites you know have good prices and send them out. That way you know they are not over paying, and they don't have to worry bout getting the wrong model or whatever.

Comment

Borzoimom that is what I was going to say I swear. Anyway if GC's not a good choice decide what you'd like and write down description with item numbers and where to get it. That should make it easy for anyone wanting to get you just the right thing. Hope you have a GREAT birthday!!
          ~*~Robin~*~
          "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

I got a Groomers Helper for Mothers Day. You could always ask for that if you don't have one. I love mine.
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

ask for Visa gift cards so that you can use them for buying whatever you feel you need. I've been giving this some thought myself since I have a birthday coming up, and instead of asking for the really good shears that I want (which are very expensive) I thought I'd just say I need money for grooming supplies, and whatever I get, whether a little or a lot, I can put that towards the shears.

Comment

My family has gotten accustomed to giving me Les Pooch brushes for my bday and Christmas. I don't know what they're going to do when I finally end up with all of them. LOL.
                There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

You could also tear out pages from catalogs and circle the things you want... offer LOTS of choices so it 'will' be a surprise but you have your bases covered either way. My family is the same... gift certificates are rather cold and insensitive to some and this way you have offered 'exactly' what you are looking for BUT you have overwhelmed them with choices... so it will still be a surprise!

Comment

Groomer's Helper
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I was also going to suggest the GH if you don't already have one. I also like the idea of making a "wish list" for your family.
                      SheilaB from SC

Comment

You could do like I did for christmas and cut out ads or pages of the items you want and circle them worked perfect got exactly what I wanted.

Comment

My family never exchanges gifts, so I don't have to worry about it Besides, I would never ASK for anything as a gift, it's just not me. IF you are propelled to request specific items or types of items, I think the Visa gift card is a wonderful idea. You can shop where ever you wish and make a purchase you might not otherwise choose to make for what ever reason.

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Working...
                          X