ginger doodle girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ginger doodle girl

here ginger again lol. this is her first haircut i did today since my mom did it at the ultimate grooming tour. i think i nailed it again. anyone have any comments???
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ryann View Post
    here ginger again lol. This is her first haircut i did today since my mom did it at the ultimate grooming tour. I think i nailed it again. Anyone have any comments???
    beautiful!!

Comment

Hey Ryann

Ginger looks great! The only thing I see is maybe a bit too much butt and the side of the neck could use a bit more blending. Sometimes you don't see those things close up and it only shows from a distance! When you did her at the Ultimate Grooming Tour I suggested taking the ears off, remember? I really like what you have done better I think. I really like the contrast! Nice job!

Comment

thanks.

thanks! i thought the tush looks a bit poofy too. i am stillllll having trouble settin in the angulation. i used an o snap going up and it looked harsh. i scissored it up and it looks ok. but its still not right. any tips? heres a couple more pics from yesterday.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ryann; 04-11-10, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Ryann; 04-11-10, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Ryann; 04-11-10, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Looks beautiful!!

Very nice. Reminds me of what I used to laughingly say to clients when they would say, "Wow! How do we keep her this way?" I would tell them, "Nail the feet to a window ledge and shellac her" - sounds gruesome, but it would get a laugh, and then I would tell them that the beautiful style would look a little less wonderful each day, and the dog would need a groom in about 4 weeks if it was in a fluffy style.

Comment

Beautiful groom.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

Very nice! What did you use on her ears? They look so smooth, not as short as when you would clip a cocker ear. I'd like to do this with some of my doodle and other mixes, but I doubt the owners would agree to it...you, "don't make tham look like a poodle!"

sittingpretty

Comment

great job. looks fantastic.
                    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                    www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Angulation

looks great! Not sure why, but I'm still seeing a spot on the side of the neck, maybe it's a bit too full? Are you planning on doing this dog in competition? If so, I might leave the legs a bit fuller. She does look good however! Nice job!

Comment

for her ears i dont clip them someone suggested stripping them to get the beautiful red color to come through so i did. and its been done twice and looks fab! yes i want to use her for competition. i am currently using a e snap on the tops of her legs and scissoring the bottoms. maybe i need to scissor the whole thing?? i did the same thing on the bichons neck that i did at the ultimate grooming tour i always end up with the line. am i cutting the bottom half of the neck to short?? keep the info coming thanks! i am crammin all i can in my head before july!

Comment

Yep- very, very nice!
                          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

i love the ears, and i think she looks great.

the only things i would do is a bit more hock hair, and hair on the front of the front leg so it comes straight down and you don't see that angle in at the foot (if you know what i mean). i think her rear looks good in the second pic.

Comment

Wow, that is by far the best doodle I have ever seen! Beautiful finish and scissoring work. I've never seen a doodle look so nice. Excellent!
                              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X