They do exist!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They do exist!!

Had a full coated shih tzu come in today. Just wanted a bath and trimmed to about an inch off the ground. Dog had hair 2 inches past the floor! And get this.... Not ONE mat in the whole coat! Owner spends 1 1/2 hrs everyday brushing her. I didn't think anyone actually did that! You bet I line brushed the heck out of that dog! Thankfully I only made one tiny knot with the force dryer oopsie!

Isn't it nice!

I love doing those dogs I actually have a few yorkies like that...easy grooms and great dogs

Comment

yeah we have two that come in every thursday (well they are coming in tomorrow cuz the guy had to work)...one is full grown adult the other is still a pup...but man are they gorgeous!
      Hound

Comment

ah, full coated shih-tzus are so pretty.

If you ever do the dog again I wouldn't use a force dryer. That can really damage their coat. I would towel dry the heck out of her and then just use a regular human hair dryer along with a pin brush. That will help keep the coat looking nice. You didn't say if you used a slicker brush or not, but if you did I would make sure to not use a slicker on a full coated shih-tzu in the future, it can really ruin their coat.

Comment

If you don't have the patience for the human hair dryer (Lord knows I dont...hehe) I take the nozzle off my K-9 II and affix the hose to my CC clamp. Voila! Insta-stand dryer.
          There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

no I didn't use my slicker, wish I knew she was coming I would have brought in my pin brush. I sprayed her coat pretty well when I brushed it and don't think the force dryer really hurt it. Was a lil piece of hair from when I shaved her pits got stuck in the coat. Believe me I kept it far away and still! Finished her up with the hand dryer though, cute lil mop! And she was a wonderful girl, hope she comes back to me

Comment

Working...
            X