Lost a client sad story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a client sad story

I have a ladt who brings me 3 pugs once a month awsaome little guys i love them!!
    I let them stay and play with the little daycare babies to give them something to look forward to afte rthe bath they really do have fun. i always tease thier mom that im going to slip them into my purse and steal them away one day.we laugh she says no ways hose` and they go home.well yesterday she brings dad to pick up and we go through the whole im taking your dogs home with me and dad says ok ill pick them up next week.I thought he might be serious by the look the wife gave him and I sid oh miommy wouldnt like that one bit wife and I laught together they pay tip and leave- I get a call not 10 minutes later saying she down to two pugs
    I was like excuse me what does that mean? well evidently she placed those babies in the BACK OF A PICK UP and the mom jumpped out *somewhere* from our place and hoem they dont know where.i go running outside to see if I see her and nothing .they drove back and didnt see her dead on the road and I drove to their house on my way home and hour latterNO PUG RUNNING LOOSE I dont know where she is but I hope she is ok; I couldnt sleep last night and I will think of her until I know where she is -Im so heartbroklen for this little puglet! I hope she is ok.I cant believe with the 3rd degree I got her first time leaving them with me she put them in such a positionl please tell me im not the only one who thinks this is her fault as much as I like my client this could have been avoided.

Hope they find her alive.....I can't post what I really want to say 'cause I'd be banned.....Hugs to you

Comment

I am infuriated whenever I see a dog riding in the back of a pick-up. In my opinion it should be illegal and owners charged with animal cruelty. While working as RVT, I know of three dogs that jumped out of the beds of trucks. One lost a leg due to nerve damage, one was put to sleep due to de-gloving injury on all four legs and the third was found dead in middle of road when they owner back-tracked after noticing dog was no longer back there. The last dog was 6 yrs. old, always rode in the truck bed with no problems until that day. ANY dog can jump, I don't care how often they have successfully stayed there before. Unfortunately the pug probably "bounced" so wound up in a ditch, more than likely died. I can only hope that owner NEVER places the other two in the back of a truck again. Hugs to you.
      Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Pugs aren't built to bounce off asphalt. They can't "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'".

I'd guess she's dead in the ditch somewhere.

Comment

Who put's a dog in the back

of a pick-up, especially small dogs like that, that sounds kinda dumb to me,I would never put a dog in the back of a truck,and I now have very large shepherds,they go in the car or truck with me.though I hope the little dog finds her way home,maybe she learn something from this.

Originally posted by ferretlov View Post
          I have a ladt who brings me 3 pugs once a month awsaome little guys i love them!!
          I let them stay and play with the little daycare babies to give them something to look forward to afte rthe bath they really do have fun. i always tease thier mom that im going to slip them into my purse and steal them away one day.we laugh she says no ways hose` and they go home.well yesterday she brings dad to pick up and we go through the whole im taking your dogs home with me and dad says ok ill pick them up next week.I thought he might be serious by the look the wife gave him and I sid oh miommy wouldnt like that one bit wife and I laught together they pay tip and leave- I get a call not 10 minutes later saying she down to two pugs
          I was like excuse me what does that mean? well evidently she placed those babies in the BACK OF A PICK UP and the mom jumpped out *somewhere* from our place and hoem they dont know where.i go running outside to see if I see her and nothing .they drove back and didnt see her dead on the road and I drove to their house on my way home and hour latterNO PUG RUNNING LOOSE I dont know where she is but I hope she is ok; I couldnt sleep last night and I will think of her until I know where she is -Im so heartbroklen for this little puglet! I hope she is ok.I cant believe with the 3rd degree I got her first time leaving them with me she put them in such a positionl please tell me im not the only one who thinks this is her fault as much as I like my client this could have been avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by onions View Post
            Hope they find her alive.....I can't post what I really want to say 'cause I'd be banned.....Hugs to you
            same here....
            ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
            Apparently common sense isn't all that common
            *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

All Pugs go to Heaven.
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpiepoodlz View Post
                same here....
                Ditto!!! It never ceases to amaze me, even in this enlightened age, how many idiots will still drive around w/their dogs in the back of a pick up. I especially cringe whenever I see a dog w/it's paws balanced on the side of the truck bed when they are driving fast or standing perched on one of those tool boxes..............shudder............

Maybe a good samaratin saw the dog jump (fall) and picked him up and took to the vet. Any I.D tags on the dogs??
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

I recall when my husband & I got married. I moved down south because he had a beautiful place in the mountains. To make a long story short, along the highways I kept seeing dogs on the side of the road (it upset me immensely) I had seen many dogs in the back of pick up's and mentioned how dangerous it was not to mention how stupid I thought people were to do it. My husband then tells me how it is not that the dogs jump out as much as 'mountain folks' keep their dogs hungry, if they dont hunt, if they dont do what the owners want, they are taken out and thrown from the trucks. I said "WHAT" he then proceeded to say it again to my total disbelieve... so I asked around. Sure enough it was true. The folks in the mountains hunted to eat, they said if a dog didnt work why feed 'em?

I just dont understand some people and I guess I never will.

Comment

My bather had her husky inside her car with the window down and she leaped out. She died in Stephanie's arms. It wasn't even down all the way.

Comment

That is terrible. Like some others I can;t say what I think, it is illegal here to put dogs untethered in the back of a truck. Sorry you lost your lil friend.
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

It is illegal to have dogs loose in the back of a pickup here as well,but you still see the odd knucklhead doing it. Poor little pug.
                        "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                        Quote:Cath

Comment

Growing up in farm town usa it was common to let your big stinky farm dogs ride in back of pickup. (I know people frown on this) When I started working at a vet clinic I was shocked to see how many dogs would get severely injured by this!! No dogs of mine ride in back of pick up..(of course I only have a Chinese crested right now) .but what I am so confused about is why would you pay to get your dogs groomed and them smell so nice and then stick them in the back of a pickup!? Common sense would make you think you would atleast put them in a kennel that is strapped in the back or something.
                          Soo sorry to hear about you client. I hope for the best.

Comment

I would bet it was the husband who insisted they go back there...

I'm sure 3 pugs would have fit up front and if not at least put them in kennels in the back. That is so awful and sad. I'm sorry for you, your client and the poor pug. We have a cap on the back of our truck and we tether our lab. One time she got loose in a parking lot, because we had the window open! That was awful and scary! Now, if we leave the window open, we cross tie her like a horse. Otherwise the windows stay closed.

Comment

Working...
                            X