Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may be a stupid pom grooming question but........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be a stupid pom grooming question but........

I just did a couple of poms that probably weight 3 or 4 pounds. IDK they are SMALL! I hate to put them in the noose with the groomers helper since they seem so very fragile. So the entire time they are trying to turn in circles or jump in my lap. What do ya'll do? Do you noose them or just work around all the dancing? The mom says one of them has neck and back problems. The other had hip surgery when younger.

Pass the loop behind one leg if you have to, but put a loop on them. There's much more danger of them being hurt if they're running all over your table.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
      Pass the loop behind one leg if you have to, but put a loop on them. There's much more danger of them being hurt if they're running all over your table.
      Exactly, that's what I'm thinkin.

Comment

I agree with Helly, I put the loop the same way on all small dogs that jump around, I'm always afraid they'll hurt their little necks or throats.

Comment

I started putting the 3 pounders in a harness and clipping that to the noose its a ferret harness
          I just work around it I feel like they are going to break!!!

Comment

You could also try a figure 8, but it's a bit more of a pain in the ass than just passing a foot through.
            There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

I will do what Helly suggested w/my super tiny dogs, fragile old dogs or little puppies if they are struggling against the GH. Sometimes the GH loop almost seems to thick and heavy for their tiny bodies!

I wonder if the health issues these guys have is due to them being so tiny. I just about bet the breeder purposely breeds them this small and charges extra for "tiny teacup" puppies.
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
                You could also try a figure 8, but it's a bit more of a pain in the ass than just passing a foot through.
                how do you do a figure 8?

Comment

Originally posted by KatyKat View Post
                  how do you do a figure 8?
                  I think that was explained it the infamous Ye Who Groom Kitties thread, complete with a picture or two. Of course you won't understand it unless you drink a few Mike's thingies first.

Comment

Ditto what Helly said. That is how I put the majority of my grooming dogs on the table, esp the really tiny ones and the older ones. Reduces the chances of bruising/squeezing the trachea but keeps them more secure on your table.

Comment

Working...
                    X