Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My washer with 4 days experience has left me to be a fully qualified groomer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My washer with 4 days experience has left me to be a fully qualified groomer!!

I recently employed a shampoo lady/groomers assistant. She wanted to train to be a groomer and thought she would be a good groomer as she has 30 years hairdressing experience. I was amazed when she came into my shop (after working for me for 4 days) and told me she has accepted a job as a fully quailified groomer with a shop who is my competitor (they must be desperate to find a replacement groomer) and she asked if I would continue training her for 2 days a week and she can then work for them for 3 days a week!!!! She said she will be grooming/washing and drying 4/5 dogs a day from next week!!! and that she feels it will be no problem as she was a hairdresser and she has seen what I do and feels she can groom already. She has not even groomed one dog yet! She has no idea of breed standard or otherwise. Anyway just had to get that off my chest. It will be interesting to see if she can 'walk the walk'. I feel worried for the dogs that are going to be groomer by someone with that level of experience.

It won't take long for her reality check! And now you know her loyalty level.

Comment

I dont know whether t his is funny or sad.... oh lordy!

Comment

So are you going to keep training her 2 days a week? LMAO JK

Hopefully she meant they are going to start teaching her to groom. I have noticed that hairdresses once taught do seem to pick up the concept of balance and over all trimming much faster.

Comment

She wants you to train her while she works for your competition? lololol I'd be tempted to train her to shave everything with a 40 blade. That's show quality there.

Wow. I hope you laughed in her face.

Let her go work for the competition. Probably be good for YOUR business. ha ha. What an idiot.

Comment

Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall in that other shop on her first day? lol
            Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

that is very nuts

I have two customers that are both hairdressers. They both thought they could easily groom their dogs. They appreciate me all the more because they didn't do well. This person has no common sense nor does the competition. I hope no dogs get seriously injured but it ought to be good to help loyalty of your customers.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I can't believe she had the nerve to ask you to continue training her!

Well, at least you don't have to worry about how your competition is doing
                ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Wonder if she has ever had a human customer growl and try to bite? Or squirm all over the place? I am still just a bather but I am smart enough to know that it sure ain't easy.

Comment

Did you ask her what she had been smoking?

I can't believe she had the nerve to ask you to train her to work for the competition! I like the suggestion to teach her to shave all dogs down with a #40!

Comment

Wow that takes nerve. I just don't understand people who think what we do is nothing to learn. I've had so many folks bring their dogs in after they decided to save money and groom their dogs at home. Oh well let her work for the competition and enjoy the new clients.
                      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                      and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                      www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

glad she left before you put a lot of time in to her!

Comment

Wonder how she'll react the first time a dog empties its anal glands on her, LOL.

Obviously she doesn't have a clue. It won't take her long to realize that there's a whole lot that she doesn't know.

Comment

That is some nerve. She should know better. She honestly thinks that after watching you for 4 days she can groom on her own? That is CRAZY. I hate when I get hairdresser clients...they always think they know what they are talking about. They come in and try to tell me what combs or blades or whatever to use on their dog. I just roll my eyes and explain to them that our blades and combs are labeled differently. Well I bet this might actually help you get even more business.

Comment

Nothing is as easy as it looks when done by someone who has lots of experience at it, so she will see there is more than meets the eye when she starts grooming.

Just like my husband and I , we will sometimes put a shoe back on the horses rather than bother our farrier, how hard can it be nail a few nails in the holes and wha lah, yeah right it takes both of us with my husband grunting,sweating and cussing about 45 minutes to nail that shoe back on, funny thing is our farrier pulls, trims, resets, nails and rasps all 4 feet on the horse in 45 minutes !!

Comment

Working...
                              X