Too me this is a major NO! NO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too me this is a major NO! NO!

There's more pics but I am just posting the the ones that show how dangerous this is. I don't care how nice a dog is, they should not be allowed to do this to any child let alone an infant.

I've seen this several times and each time I cringe.

I was visiting my sister and my neice was only 9months old and she was sitting there watching my neice crawling all over a friends old Golden. I kept getting up and removing the baby away from the dog. My sister was a bit annoyed with me, her remarks were Sadie would never hurt my niece. I waited until we were in the car going home and ripped into her. Never say Never. After that she was more attentive with my neice around dogs.
    Attached Files

hmm I dont know I think it was probably for pictures.staged.Every neo Ive ever met has been way too lazy to bite anyone.He is big though.Dont think Id have my baby in his face but some peopl earent going to see anything wrong wit it,

Comment

Even if the dog would not bite, his leg is over the baby's back, depending on how he were to get up if suddenly startled he could really hurt the baby. I always get chills down my spine when I see things like this, I think its because I have a granddaughter and keep hearing about dog maulings and family pets killing infants, I try not to think about it.

Comment

jmo

I think it's a matter of teaching a kid to respect a dog. They may end up thinking its okay to crawl all over any dogs and could end up getting bit when they pounce on one that is not kid friendly. This is how kids get bit in the face. Then the parents want to sue and have the dog put down when they could have taught their kids better than to do something like that. Its a hazzard for everyone when we dont teach kids how to behave around a dog.

Comment

No dog is totaly safe with an infant imo, as henry said, it does not need to be a bite to permantley injure a small child or infant. Glad you set your sis straight in private. I trust my dogs 100 % only with me, very social, loving,but still animals with instincrs intact.
          ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I've posted this pic before... This child has a lot of experience interacting with dogs and knows how to treat them. It only takes a moment. the result was 96 sutures.
            Attached Files
            "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

It only takes once, doesn't it?
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

The dog is already bending the baby backwards! with his leg across her back and face to face if he so much as looks to his left hes going to tweak her back! People can be so stupid!

Comment

I've had dogs all my life and I can't remember once when I left my baby or grandchild on the floor with one. I trust my dogs, but they are still dogs and who knows what could set them off.
                  I'm glad your sister paid attention to what you said.
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

Originally posted by ferretlov View Post
                    hmm I dont know I think it was probably for pictures.staged.Every neo Ive ever met has been way too lazy to bite anyone.He is big though.Dont think Id have my baby in his face but some peopl earent going to see anything wrong wit it,
                    Ummm, I own a Neo and he is a big lazy doof head-but I have seen him move swiftly when he wants to get at my big male St Poo...I too am of the mindset that this is really irresponsible. Even if it was staged, that big dog could do serious damage even if it didn't bite the baby. Stupid stupid people. My nephew was bit in the face because my SIL was not smart enough to not let him play tug o war with their boxer and a rawhide. Their boxer was the nicest dog EVER! My nephew had to get stitches and my SIL was LIVID with the dog. I point blank told her it was her fault for letting a 3 year old play tug o war with the dog PERIOD!!! That dog saw that boy as nothing more than the lower man on the totem pole because SHE never taught him any different. Please don't get me wrong, I don't condone biting...but when you have dogs and kids, you must NEVER trust the child not to do something, or the dog not to bite...JMHO.

Comment

I would never put an infant in that situation. Even if the Neo didn't bite the baby ,the size of the dog alone,wrapped around a tiny infant is an accident looking to happen. A sudden unexpected backfire,or something the dog could spook and severly injure the baby through no fault of it's own,just bad judgment on the adults part. When I lived in a tiny community a 2 year old boy had his face badly mauled ,and his nose bitten off, by the familie's old placid lab. The dog was old and stiff,and the child jumped on his back,and hurt/startled him,and he snapped and just reacted ,the little boy was flown out,and had surgery,and healed in the end,but it could have all been avoided by not allowing a small child to jump all over the old fella /or play unsupervised with the dog. The dog paid with his life,and was euthanized.
                      "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                      Quote:Cath

Comment

I own a pit bull, yes I know how some people feel about the breed. I have a nephew that is three months younger than my dog, they have been raised together. I would never, never leave a child alone with any dog. My nephew was taught how to behave around dogs but he still is a kid and may do something to trigger an animal to defend itself. I trust my dog, and she is a trained moblity dog (service dog), so has more intense training, but any dog can and will bite if provoked, or feels they have a reason to bite. Hell, I will defend myself if provoked. People just have to be smart.

Comment

I agree.. we have a great pyr and she EXCELLENT with the kids.. but biting is not my concern.. her paws and claws are too powerful, even if she were to just lightly step on him she could do some damage.. her nails could inadvertently scratch with her nails.. Its cute but I would be very very cautious..

Comment

Never say never is right

This happened yesterday in my area.....warning it is not nice:

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/...225c308dc.html

The poor baby.

Scott

Comment

I think it's precious!

Look closely, it's sweet! Yep, the first picture is positively adorable (see how the child's entire head could fit into the dog's mouth.. precious). And AWWWW it's hugging him in the second pic! Don't you all see how the dog is holding him close, or how if you compare, the dog probably outweighs the baby by 10x or more. But it's a gentle giant and the baby is being easy.

*Chicky tosses aside sarcasm*

I have a freaking Chihuahua who would rather piss himself than bite someone, yet my infant has NEVER been left alone with him. I'm dang sure not going to leave her alone with a dog that could crush her by simply rolling over to scratch an itch, or could snap her head off because she sat down on his paw that no one knew was kinda sore that day. WTF?! We all know this as common sense, but how is it not common sense for others? It's not cute, or sweet, or precious... it's totally (and potentially irrevocably) dangerous! And the pictures of the infant with stitches is heartbreaking!

Comment

Working...
                              X