Am I wrong to feel this way?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I wrong to feel this way?!!!

Ok... So there is a huge all natural shampoo company located right next to me. I have supported thier buisness for years... even before they were international. Well..... I have remained faithful to them and so have a lot of local groomers and we sell their products in our shops. This shampoo company started selling straight to the public instead of sending the client to the closest shop selling thier product. That was annoying but then...... I can't believe it...... They decided to open up thier own grooming shop right in the building where they make, bottle and distribute the shampoo. I am so irritated because they are now in direct competion with us and have forgotten about all us little people that have supported them. They started to forget about us as soon as they became known nation wide! Now they are going to compete with us local people directly and thier is talk of them expanding thier grooming to possible mobile. It's like having another Corprate run grooming shop and before you know it... they will have these shops all over the place running us small shops out of buisness! God knows they have the money to build bigger than us little people! Am I wrong for feeling this way... Thier already making a kabillion on thier products... How much money do they need?!!!! I'm looking for another all natural shampoo.... any ideas?

Sorry to hear about your situation. Its a bit scary actually...As far as natural shamoos go hear are some of my favorites:
    1)Pet Aromatics
    2)Natures Specialties( hope this is not the company you're refering to)
    3)Cain & Able

Check them out!

Comment

While I understand your feelings on an emotional level, as the Donald would say..."It's not personal, It's just business". I don't know of too many businesses who say "well, we had a really good year...let's just keep it at this level...we make enough money". The reality is, businesses have to constantly add services, change products, etc or they will stop growing and start diminishing. It is simply part of the business life cycle. I know that doesn't make you feel better. But take heart in that the larger they get, the less personal their service. Therefore, they will not be in direct competition with you any more than the petsomethings are. There are always clients who want the smaller, more personal touches. Figure out ways to capitalize on this aspect of personal service. It will distinguish you from their generic services and net you the type of customers that you really want.

Comment

[QUOTE=bullylover21;36414]
        QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about this greedy company too. I also hope this isn't the company you're dealing with. It's a shame that when the little people help a small company out, when they are lucky and grow bigger they would treat the little people this way. Your loyal clients may try them out but they will be back to you. You offer them something the larger greedy company can't offer them, YOU. Hang in there.
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

We use Natures Choice here.

Some of the Bark to Basics products also, don't know if they are all natural though.

Comment

Seriously, I wouldn't get my nickers in a twist over it. We recently had a Petsomething open not 5 miles away from us. And it's actually been good for business. We certainly haven't lost any clients, and we've gained quite a few new ones who tell us the same thing; "Petsomething charges a LOT more for full service than you folks do. They advertise a lower price, but that's just the basics. They nickle and dime you for everything else as an add on."

We've been able to raise our prices since Petsomething came to town. And like I said, business is booming.

Look at it this way. They're not going to offer other shampoo/conditioners. You can do that. There are plenty of great, all natural products out there. You can offer a variety of products. And you can make that a great selling point. "We use a variety of manufactures to offer your pet the very best quality shampoo and conditioner, tailored to fit your pet's unique needs."

Some manufactures you might look into: Davis, Equis, Espree, Nature's Specialties. Personally, I don't care for Nature's Specialties, but they're quite popular with a lot of other people.

Comment

No.... that's not the company. This is a very well known company here in Texas. Thanks for the suggestions. I have contacted these companies for samples. I can't wait to try them.. I will know longer be using my previous shampoo.

Originally posted by bullylover21 View Post
              Sorry to hear about your situation. Its a bit scary actually...As far as natural shamoos go hear are some of my favorites:
              1)Pet Aromatics
              3)Cain & Able

Check them out!

Comment

Hey Fur Elite!!!!

I was reading your reply to my thread and noticed we have a couple of things in common.... TEXAS......TAGS..... and Steve! When did you graduate?

Comment

DO NOT confuse Nature's Specialties, which is in California, with this Texas-based company.

I use Nature's Specialties, I love it, particularly works well for this arrid climate I live in.

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Crystal...I am PMing you. We actually met very briefly when I was in grooming school...you came in for some reason for a day or two. I actually received your prestigious award myself!

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes to me! The only business you should be concerned with "supporting" is your own. Look on the bright side, they will bring more customers to the area, unless the owners are grooming themselves, don't worry, have you ever seen the turn over of groomers in the corp shops?? fear not, you'll probably have more business than you can handle.

Comment

try the tropiclean spa lavish. that will be a special touch that they're not using!! go spa!! also, I've heard of a shampoo that is suppose to be all natural, smokey mountain shampoos..might google it and find it, but I've heard good things about it. I'm using it right now, but I don't think its as good as the Coat Handler that I use..

Comment

EQyss is an excellent shampoo line. I LOVE all of their products. They all work like the bottle says they do! I just finally gave up trying to find a better product line and use their line almost exclusivly. I do like CC for some things and have some of that on hand but for the most part I use EQyss products. LOVE the conditioner and it works great on humans, too

Comment

I like kelco products. I wouldn't worry about them running you out. I took a look at your web site and you are a great groomer. Your customers look very pleased, and if they are happy they won't go to a someware else.

Comment

Is it Espree? I used to use their products, the customer service is great but they have changed the formulas to many times. Now, most of their scents make me nautious.

Comment

Working...
                              X