What's the Best and Worst Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Best and Worst Thing

What is the best and worst thing about your boss (no names)....I really like where I work, but sometimes she drives me nuts. I just had to get some idea if I was alone or being to sensitive. I have more expereince and do a better job grooming, however she is always nit picking everything.

My boss is not a groomer. And that's probably the best and worst thing about her, lol.

My biggest complaint, if you can call it that, is appointment scheduling.

Comment

My biggest complaint is that my boss nevers says I'm doing a good job, doesn't give me breaks, hey wait I'm the boss!!!!! lol
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

I am my own boss, so I'm going to have to think about this awhile. LOL

Comment

The last place I worked for before I went on my own was the best thing, hmmm, they were morons and I knew that not to let them get one over me. The worst thing, they would over book me constantly.

I went out on my own, I was about 3 miles from them and I put them out of business within 6 months, I guess that really was the best thing, LOL!

Comment

I am my own boss too and I think I under appreciate me, makes me work more hours than I want, forgets to write in customers,makes me do dogs I really don't want to do, unpaid vacations and withholds raises. I never hear I'm sorry or thank-you. At times I don't like my boss either.

So if you have a real boss at least you can voice and complain to someone who is able to listen to you.

Comment

My boss is pretty darn good about giving me free reign back in the grooming area. When a problem arises, it is usually due to owners boarding their dogs and wanting a groom, but I don't have instructions or the dog was last groomed by me nearly 10 months ago and the owners expect me to know they want the "same" as last time". My boss and I had a difference in opinion on that one, but I told her that it was obvious they had a different groomer because the dogs had clearly been taken care of (grooming wise) in the last 10 months, so did they not just want a bath---but how was I to know?

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
                I am my own boss too and I think I under appreciate me, makes me work more hours than I want, forgets to write in customers,makes me do dogs I really don't want to do, unpaid vacations and withholds raises. I never hear I'm sorry or thank-you. At times I don't like my boss either.

So if you have a real boss at least you can voice and complain to someone who is able to listen to you.
                Ha ha Plexi, I'm right there with ya! I know what you mean!

Comment

Im in the same boat as Helly...lol...my boss is not a groomer which is good and bad...

The best part about my boss is that he gives me my space...most of the time.

And the worst part is A) overbooking and B) telling me the dog I just finished grooming looks "stupid" or "silly"....even though the owner loves it...I don't think he means it but it sure ticks me off!

Comment

I'm my own boss too

I like being my own boss. My real boss isn't a groomer either... so he doesn't know a good groom from a bad one. I've only been grooming 2 years so for me I would like a boss to get on my case about doing a better job... because i know I can do a better job

Comment

Gosh, I can go on and on about my boss.........she's a slave driver, and she's a freakin perfectionist. Which the customers just love, but the extra time grooming is killer...........the best thing about my boss is that she gives me whatever days off that I want, NO questions asked............

Course, I'm my own boss!!! lol

Vicki

Comment

I agree with Helly about the complaint is appointment scheduling. Also overbooking. They don't seem to care if you don't get 10 minutes for lunch just as long as you make them money.

Comment

the good thing is,getting free lunch from where i want and making more money than my friends, the bad thing is wanting everything done perfect and her way, well that's what my son says because i'm the boss

Comment

Um ok, shes not really the boss, but she is the salon manager. The best thing about her AND my boss is that I really feel appreciated. I get the days off that I want and the hours that I want. The worst thing about my salon manager is that she picks which policies she is going to follow. We require proof of rabies vaccination, and tags dont count. Some days she decides that tags count for her and lets it slide. Food and drinks are not allowed in the salon area, except when shes hungry or thirsty. Stuff like that. Normally I dont care, except it leaves me confused sometimes.

We have a policy that states we can only have one dog per cage. If two dogs should come together and the owner wants them together, I need to explain all the reasons why we cant do that. So a month ago, when two poodles came in and wanted to be put in the same cage, I had to explain to them the policy. The woman protested a bit, but policy is policy. The woman was a little late picking up, so when the salon manager came to take over, I went home. The next day, I found out that the female poodle would not calm down and the salon manager had to explain to the woman that these dogs should always be caged together to avoid stress. The woman was upset because thats what she wanted, and I told her that we have a policy against that. The SM said that we dont have such a policy and she would leave a comment. I told the SM that we DO have such a policy, and I showed it to her in our Policy and Procedure book. She said," Oh, they must not have changed it in the book, because thats not right." What the heck!? See what I mean?

Comment

Okay, I own my own business but I am not my own boss. I am ruled by furry dogs and clients that don't understand why I can't have their Standard Poodle groomed in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X