O/T She is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T She is here!

Well, I told you I would be posting this when she arrived, so here she is. My new bike! SHe is a Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter 800, and she is named: I am calling her Fury.

I have been waiting for this day to come all winter long, and on Easter Sunday she was delivered to me. My first ride wil be a week from this Saturday, and boy, am I excited! I know a lot of you aren't into bikes, but I am so excited about her that I just had to post this, so here she is!
    Attached Files

Congratulations!

She's a beauty! Have fun!

Comment

Oh, man....what a sweet ride! I am uber jealous. And with the gorgeous sun shiney weather I have out my window today, I'm starting to think that getting another bike would be a great way to save on gas money!

You gonna go on a camping/road trip with her this summer? I would....
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

very cool

we have a gold wing with all the bells and whistles and I cant wait to get on soon...............come on sunshine!

Comment

Oh Yeah!!

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
          Oh, man....what a sweet ride! I am uber jealous. And with the gorgeous sun shiney weather I have out my window today, I'm starting to think that getting another bike would be a great way to save on gas money!

You gonna go on a camping/road trip with her this summer? I would....
          Hey Puppyfluffer,
          Road trip for sure, we are going to Ontario to visit my family ( they all ride too) hopefully going through the US and then back up into Ontario, about 1900 KMs one way, then back.
          I am really happy with her, she is beautiful, and hey, she has a 4 gallon gas tank and apparently filled it can go forever So, yeah, it is going to be nice riding and leaving the car behind. It is under $20.00 to fill the bike, it is over $60 to fill up the car!

We will be doing a lot of trips this year to get the miles in before the big ride, some around my province and then I have to take her to Cape Breton, and since I am going to be there might as well do the Cabot Trail, then I have to visit Elizabeth and let her teach me some stuff!
          I am hoping to have the courage in the next few years to take her to Deal's Gap and ride the tail of the Dragon, and I hope none of her ends up on the tree of shame 318 turns in 11 miles...what a ride that would be!
          You should get a bike again, it is the most fun I have, and it just drains any stress right out of you...I think without the bike I would end up in the shrinks office!

Comment

My husband has a Vulcan 750. It is his first bike, and it is 15 years old. When he gets a job and our finances are beter, he will get a second bike- he doesn't want to sell this one because he won't get anything for it anyway. It has been a good beginner bike for him. We are looking at the touring bikes- but they are more than I paid for my car new, lol. Hard for me to wrap my head around that- more for less.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
              My husband has a Vulcan 750. It is his first bike, and it is 15 years old. When he gets a job and our finances are beter, he will get a second bike- he doesn't want to sell this one because he won't get anything for it anyway. It has been a good beginner bike for him. We are looking at the touring bikes- but they are more than I paid for my car new, lol. Hard for me to wrap my head around that- more for less.
              Hey Lucy, and Dogandi, and everyone,
              my brother's bike cost more than my house by the time he bought it, and got all the bells and whistles, and of course he and his wife both ride Harley Ultra Classics. Nice bikes, but I can't pay $40,000 for a bike then take another $20-$30,000 for upgrades and add ons LOL! I got the Vulcan because she is different, there are only 3 of them on the island, and none are like mine. I like that. I could also afford it without taking out a loan, so I just made payments over the winter to the owner and now here she is all paid for and ready to ride!

My hubby has a tour bike, a Venture 1200, so we ride together all the time and have a blast, we had a good laugh when the bike arrived because mine weighs 350lbs less than his, but she's been modified and she is now very fast...not that I am a fast rider, but if I need to get away fast, he'll be way behind

I am so looking forward to our first trip out on the 17th, hopefully the weather will be great, the sun shining and the chrome gleaming...I've waited all winter for this, and I've gone out to the garage everyday to shine her up and start her and just listen to her...she sounds like a Harley and I am sure my neighbors are tired of hearing it, but it is music to my ears.

I hope all of you who ride, either on your own bike or on the back have a safe and fun riding season, I hope to see some pictures of your travels too!

Comment

congrats again Lisa!! Can't wait for you to take a ride this way to visit =)

Comment

Congrats ! oh and where is the dog car? lol have a great trip.
                  ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

No Dog Car

I have to take pictures of my little Gizmo with his lime green Mohawk sitting on it this weekend! He'll be looking bad to the bone No dog car though, I like to get away from the dogs at times LOL!

I saw a BMW on the island last year with a custom made pet box on it though, all steel with inner padding and a very cute little Westie belonged in it. The owner took his dog everywhere.
                    I have also met a man from the USA who has been to many countries with his yorkie riding in a pouch with him, Doggles, helmet, and a leather outfit too. He was the cutest little dog, and has been traveling with his owner since he was 8 weeks old. I have a picture of them somewhere, so I will look for it and post.

Comment

Working...
                    X