I feel like a stripper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like a stripper!

I do! Mostly because out of my 8 dogs today, 5 were strips due to matting! 2 5a/o's, one 7a/o, and even one 10a/o. The 10er was cute, a little toy poodle that I gave a donut mustache to.

But this crazy wet weather has been causing crazy-type mats in all the dogs.

So yeah, I feel like a stripper :P

Did you play any stripper music?

Comment

Is that because you had a dog climbing the pole?
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

happy

i dont understand why you might be complaining!! happy days. easy work.

Comment

Bow chicka bow bow...

Comment

shaving down matted dogs isn't really easy, you have to be extra careful not to cut and not to cause clipper irritation. and if they are bad enough to need a #10 strip that probably takes triple the amount of time to shave down. my goodness pawsonwheels, are you just trying to stir up trouble? Rushing through a matted shave down groom is a sure way to cause clipper irritation, just like that poor dog on the other thread w/ his matted testicles.
            I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
            -Michelangelo

Comment

Well I dunno about stripper music, but since I was by myself for the last hour and a half I turned the music up really loud and boogied a little bit around the table

And no, it wasn't really an easy day. The matted dogs were: bichon, goldendoodle who was so big there must've been horse in there, toy poodle and a cockapoo. Then I also had an airedale (which is my nemesis haircut, srsly, I always mess up on them ever since I almost failed my test dog a year and a half ago), a wiggly maltipoo who also decided to be a nipper today, and two baths (those weren't bad).

I just this week started doing eight dogs a day; I've been doing about 5-6 for a while and decided to try and step it up. So I was there about 9 hours + cleaning time, but that didn't matter to me, I'm just proud that I can do more dogs now and still have quality grooming

Comment

Working...
              X