• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pixie
    Grand Champion & Club 5,000
    • Jan 2007

OT......Well, I guess I won't be retiring

any time too soon, neither will hubby!

We bought ourselves a new car. It's a Honda Civic, 2010. We were down to one car for about the last 6 months. It worked out ok for most of the time. Then my daughter got a new job (thank goodness, she's been out of work for almost a year. She's the one that was hospitalize.) She is doing great now. Taking her meds and we are very thankful for how she has recovered.
    Daughter will be helping with the payments, she is buying the old car. This is also helping her with her recovery.

I must say it is nice having a second vehicle again. Don't have to wait for hubby to get home from work before I can run and do something. I get to run and do things now when I'm done grooming. After grooming today daughter and I went to the ceramic store and hubby was still at work. That was fun!
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane
  • bulldogmom
    Miniature Member
    • Jan 2007

We just bought a preowned 2008 Honda Civic, too, and we love it! We got one with GPS and it is awesome! I've never owned a new car, all of my cars were always purchased at 10+ years old. It's a great feeling (minus the car payment thing).
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

• KarlaSnyder
      • Jan 2007

Congrats on the new car-nothing like that new car smell (except maybe puppy breath). Glad your daughter has made such a great recovery.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

• bednbones
        Teacup Member
        • Sep 2009

I don't think there is such a thing as retiring anymore. LOL.

I just keep dreaming of winning the lottery.

Comment

• keyray
          • Mar 2007

Congratulations on the new car. Get a good alarm system, Honda Civics are one of the highest stolen cars out there.
          "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

• PuppyFluffer
            Champion Member & Club 1,000
            • Sep 2008

Mmmm, new-car smell is almost as good as puppy breath!
            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

• petgroomaustralia
              Miniature Member
              • Jan 2007

You never really thought you would get to retire did you!!! lolol

Comment

• 4Sibes
                • Jun 2008

People retire and then they leave us, so no...you are not retiring, and if it took a new car to assure that...then I'm glad you got a new car!

I have to buy something next year because my number of dogs has exceeded the truck's capacity to transport them...but I break into a sweat just THINKING about it!
                Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

• Smart-n-Pretty
                  • Sep 2007

Get a Sibe trailer.
                  "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                  People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

• windfall4
                    Miniature Member
                    • Jan 2008

Yes, puppy breath is better than new car smell...but horse breath is even better than puppy breath. I LOVE the smell of horse breath.

Comment

• 4Sibes
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                      Get a Sibe trailer.
                      There's a novel idea....me pulling a trailer. More accurately...me backing a trailer up. I have a weird form of dyslexia...sometimes,... then other times...I don't have it at all. Makes all those right turns/left turns/backwards things...very confuse-alating.

This one time, many years ago, when I worked on the horse farm and thought I had the whole "tractor/clutch/PTO/over-flowing manure spreader/backing up/engaging the spreader thing" down to a science...this dumb lady in a beautiful light metallic green Jaguar convertible sports car parked toooo close to where the tractor I was tooling along on... wanted to go....the whole situation got pretty messed up after that, but I swear it was a real accident.

Talk about karmatic justice....just the day before the pretentious "woman" had been bitching all of us out because one of the barn kitties had taken a whiz on her car's tire. Like we had control over where the barn kitties "make a sissy"?

One of the girls that worked there because she had to (I didn't have to...I just did it for fun)...but anyways, I really respected this girl cuz she knew everything horse and knew some great people tricks too. Sooo...she waited until the whole "horse poopie, straw and baling twine pieces all over the inside of the Jagwire" issue died down....then when the dumb, mean, lady drove the convertible BACK to the farm w/ the top down AGAIN....Karen, well she sprinkled catnip all over the inside of it.
                      Then we all sat up in the hayloft drinking lemonades (or something) and watched the Upper Barn Kitties meet the Lower Barn Kitties at the car, and do things that rival bands of kitties do when they are mad...they whizzed all over that creamy leather interior, in 90 degree heat. A LOT!

That was one of the BEST afternoons of my life. I've matured a lot since then.

Sorry Diane...I didn't mean to take this stroll down memory lane on your new car thread...blame it on Smarten. Hope no kitties "make a sissy" on your new car.
                      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

• odette
                        Standard Member & Club 1,000
                        • Aug 2008

Glad to hear the dau is doing so well, and that sibes will not bring the "sissying" kitties to your new car,, wtf was that Sibes?! We truly neeed to wire that brain into a computer bank and do some serious study as to the inner workings of a sibe brain, I think you were one in a past life, sibe I mean, realy must have been a sibe and can not wait to be one again !
                        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

• Pixie
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by keyray View Post
                          Congratulations on the new car. Get a good alarm system, Honda Civics are one of the highest stolen cars out there.
                          Thanks, I didn't know that. Now I won't be able to sleep at night!

windfall4
                          [Yes, puppy breath is better than new car smell...but horse breath is even better than puppy breath. I LOVE the smell of horse breath.]
                          I've had the pleasure of smelling puppy breath but not horse breath (even though my daughter had a couple of horses I never really wanted to smell their breath....don't figure!). Can't think it would smell better than a new car or puppy breath! LOL

petgroomaustralia
                          [You never really thought you would get to retire did you!!! lolol]
                          Well, I was sure hoping that one day I would. Guess it won't be too soon, now.
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

• Poodleluv
                            Champion Member & Club 1,000
                            • May 2008

Glad your family is doing so well! I like Honda's too. I agree that horse breath is divine! I love to face cuddle with a horse and exchange breath.
                            "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                            Quote:Cath

Comment

• Plexi
                              Standard Member & Club 1,000
                              • Jan 2007

Good for you....I got a different car after 15yrs, the old Buick was still in great condition and ran great too and I didn't really want to get rid of it but I really thought it was best so I looked in 12 car lots and was going to buy a new car when I seen this beautiful 2007 Buick Lucerne, a pretty dark Garnet color and it loaded with options I NEVER heard of!!
                              Took me a bit to figure some of them out and NOW I can turn the turn signals on without the wipers coming on...
                              Couldn't get the gas cap off, had to have someone help me...
                              The heated steering wheel & seats are nice..
                              It checks the air in the tires with a flick of a switch..
                              The drivers seat has a memory of where I like it and slides back so I can get out...
                              If I lose it in the parking lot, it honks and blinks it's lights...ha Cars sure have come a long way since the roll down windows!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X