Grooming in the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming in the future

I have way too much time to think when I'm driving to a clients home or just grooming away even, so I start thinking about what I WISH would be invented for grooming. And I got to thinking about nano-technology and how great it would be for grooming! You have a solution of nano-bots in a liquid form that you can spray onto a matted dog. Go groom someone else or have lunch or do a jig, whatever and while you're doing that the little nano-bots are gently and efficiently untangling every matt without ever having to touch the coat with a brush! So while you're doing something else productive or fun, or whatever, your dog is being dematted!
    Then I got to thinking about one of my favorite episodes of Gummi Bears (the old cartoon, loved that show um, when I was a kid, yeah when I was a kid, I certainly don't watch it NOW on boomerang or anything) where there was an evil guy who had this powder he'd sprinkle on living things to turn them into lifelike statues. Well, got me to wishing there was some kind of powder where you could position your dog (or cat), give him a sprinkle, freeze him (safely and humanely of course, without the evil guy part) and then when you needed him to move, sprinkle on the antidote then resprinkle in another position. Ahh, that would save the back, the hands, and so many other things!
    And then of course there is levitation or antigrave belts. You put them on the big dogs, tunr them on and they just float up and you can push them along like it's in space, floating around. Of course, I'd probably like something like that in my bra as well LOL.
    So, you inventor types, get a move on and make sure I get some royalties when the nano-bot technology changes the grooming industry forever!
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Oh Dear you do have a little time on your hands don't you?? OK what I would like invented in the very near future would be something you could just spray in a poodles ear with all that thick ear hair and it would miraculously all fall out or maybe an ear clipper that would gently go into the ear and quickly shave it all out and no more plucking those thick carpet ears. Maybe a microchip that has voice commands so that everything you tell the dog to do it has to do. I want one of those for my own crazy poos.
    ~*~Robin~*~
    "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

We always joke about dogs that have detachable limbs! How convenient would it be to be able to remove a leg from a dog, groom it, then reattach it? It'd be especially great for those shih tzus that scream their heads off when you shave their front legs. Plus, no more biting for toenails! Just remove the head and set it off to the side. I know it'll never be possible, but it's nice to dream!

Comment

haha that's hilarious...you do think to much!
        The one magical item i would love is a dog just to sit still and not scream or attempt to bite or anything, that would be nice.

Comment

I would like a nanobot spray that does ear hair & a nanobot spray that cleans poodle feet & faces. You could spray it on a cotton swab to use under eyes for snappy Shih Tzus & stuff. Then when the nanobots were finished you just wipe the face with a magnet & pick up the bots, leaving the hair to be gently dusted off with a cotton ball. Stick the dog in the tub & "VIOLA!" as Julia Child used to say. That joke never got old to her.
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Good post Mylady..I was just day dreaming the other day about an extra set of arms and hands we strapped onto ourselves and they would move like our own and work with us as we moved around the dog.. I was grooming a very freaky dog at the time and just wished if I had 1 more hand, this would be so much simpler.. and the day dreaming continues...

Comment

Someday someone will invent a well bred, well trained, well adjusted dog.

Comment

Get the owners to use the dematting nano bots. Advertise that you only groom nano bot dematted dogs. Imagine a career of matt free grooming.

Comment

Ooh, ooh, I remembered another one. When you have say 4 dogs from the same family that ALL get the same hair cut, it would be so cool to have a machine that mimicked whatever you did to the first dog so all four haircuts would get done at once. But that would only work with the special freezy powder I spoke of earlier. Otherwise, you might be getting dogs with teddy bear butts and shaved under the nose for cleaniliness!
                  What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

MyLady

Have you been taking 4sibe pills? You sound a little like her today. I love this thread! The floating dogs would be great. I have said I wish there was a spray that you could spray a dog and it would be hypnotized to just stand still and be a Gumby dog. I love the taking the head off and setting it aside idea too. I guess for now, the closest thing is the Groomers' helper. Chuck, we need a can of nanobot and some spray please. I also love my HV and Cv and recirculating bath. Those are good inventions....and my electric table and and and, lots of stuff, but the nanaobots would be soooo nice and the statue spray. We could also spray each client and they would all be perfect happy, adoring clients faithful and true blue. Dreeeee e e emmm, dream dream dream, when I feel blue...... The old Everly Brothers tune .

I just want to add, that I have enjoyed spending the evening laughing with y'all tonight.
                    Last edited by Jenneversage64; 04-06-10, 11:43 PM. Reason: added thought

Comment

I think she's been drinking the Mike's thingys

How about being able to transfer knowledge from one groomer to another like Spock could do on Star Trek. That way when you need help, you could just pass on the knowledge!

Comment

Or how about inventing an English > Dog translation so when you say, "I need you to stand like this, now pick up that leg, good boy" they know exactly what you are saying. Then all that reassuring wouldn't last on deaf (or doggie) ears!

I'm not saying they'd be obedient, but knowing what we're asking makes most dogs happy to oblige. Eager to please!

Jessie

Comment

Great thinking

just be careful about the duplication factor - or owners may be able to eliminate the groomer. I'm pleased that our artistic work combined with the unique individualism of dogs ought to keep groomers with jobs for as long as laws let people have pets. Still I'd sure like the mat eliminated Nanos. Those ear plucking haters might do a search about ear plucking on these boards and might decide like I did that ear plucking can cause problems. (no don't take over this thread with yet another ear plucking discussion, this was just a suggestion for the couple here that want magic for them).
                          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

While y'all are at it anyway, somebody invent a poodle with naturally hairless feet and faces!
                            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by kated View Post
                              How about being able to transfer knowledge from one groomer to another like Spock could do on Star Trek. That way when you need help, you could just pass on the knowledge!
                              "We are the DORK. YOU will be ASSIMILATED. RESISTANCE is futile."
                              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                              X