Chinese crested breeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese crested breeders?

Does anyone know of any good chinese crested breeders? Possibly have a website or a way to contact them..(or a breed rescue group).Currently looking into the breed for the near future..
    thanks
    Last edited by BoscoandKoda; 04-04-10, 08:01 PM.

This is where I got my vixie

This is the breeder where I got my vixie, (well I actually got my puppy from this ladies mom but she no longer has her own website) and I picked my puppy up from Laurie's store. I don't find their website to be very helpful with education about the breed though. If you call them Lauria is very helpful. I purchased Vixie for a show dog. I have been a handler since a little girl and was very excited to start being able to show my own dog. Vixie did not turn out show quality. But we have had zero health problems and she has beautiful skin and a great coat. She also came with a wonder pedigree. Feel free to message me if you have any questions I'll try to answer them. And I know that there are several people on here that have Crested's too. I look forward to seeing where they got their puppies.

http://www.extremechinesecresteds.com/index.html

Comment

If you choose to rescue

There is a wonderful rescue group called Crestcare. They have reps all over the U.S. Their website address is crest-care.net
      Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

hehe, I've been watching some CC pups on ustream lately... does that help? haha! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/samantha-watch

Comment

rescue groups

here is a couple of web sites for rescue.
          http://barepawsrescue.org/
          http://chinesecrested.rescueme.org/

you can also google chinese crested rescue and get other sites that may be closer to your location.

Comment

I have puppies due

I have CC puppies due this spring! Show or pet ...Feel free to contact me...Joy

Comment

No offense, Petliks, but I wouldn't give my hard-earned money to Extreme, especially not with a show dog in mind. That website hawks "Xtra Tiny" Cresteds, "TeaCup" Yorkies and "Pocket" Miniature Schnauzers. They're breeding for the profit market, not to improve the quality of their stock.

CrestCare is a well established group with representatives all over the US and is a great way to find a healthy happy house pet or sport dog. Some real beauties end up in rescue!
              You're in IL? Joe Kahre at Encore has nice dogs, Lynn Dauber too with the Woodlyn prefix, they're both in Indiana so not too far from you.

Cresteds are wonderful fun! Good Luck in your search!

Comment

Originally posted by Kifaru View Post
                No offense, Petliks, but I wouldn't give my hard-earned money to Extreme, ..
                I second that.....Joy

Comment

restCare is a well established group with representatives all over the US and is a great way to find a healthy happy house pet or sport dog. Some real beauties end up in rescue!
                  You're in IL? Joe Kahre at Encore has nice dogs, Lynn Dauber too with the Woodlyn prefix, they're both in Indiana so not too far from you.

Thanks, both of those look great..will definitly look into them...

I'm looking for a performance dog mostly, but if the dog is show quality i will show him...I have ring experience in australian shepherds and border collies...
                  Thanks

Comment

I can't say I disagree

No offense, Petliks, but I wouldn't give my hard-earned money to Extreme, especially not with a show dog in mind. That website hawks "Xtra Tiny" Cresteds, "TeaCup" Yorkies and "Pocket" Miniature Schnauzers. They're breeding for the profit market, not to improve the quality of their stock.
                    Your right I agree, I believe I mentioned that I purchased mine from her mother I only picked my puppy up from the xtreme crested's owners store. ( i assume their lines are close being family) I knew her mother from when I was as little girl showing I knew the parents of Vixie from when I was showing so I knew what I wanted. I also mentioned Vixie didn't turn out to be perfect show quality...but has a pedigree like I desired from my research and long time following the breeder. Unfortuantly xtreme probably is in it for the profit but she says on her website she only breeds the cresteds and neo mastiffs. I hate advertising "tiny" and "teacup" and "pocket" as much as all the "designer dogs" I don't think her mother is actively showing or breeding anymore. I also purchased my Vixie several years ago. (I think her store had only been open a few days) and she only sold cresteds then. She has since added other breeds. A lot can happen to a breed when a breeder is not making diligent choices for the breed in 3 years.

Soo she asked for breeder and rescues I simply sent her who I am slightly familiar with. Anyone could find their website by a simple google of the breed. I am glad a fellow pg member is going to have puppies. If we got another puppy I would probably look more into getting one from a breeder on pg then extreme.

I have never worked with crest care but I hear lots of good things about them. The beautiful girl they have on their front page by their mission statement. I wanted to adopt her sooo bad years ago. We applied to adopt her and we weren't accepted...My husband and i were so disappointed. So instead we got our Vixie. I would adopt from them in a heartbeat. I have met people with Crest Care at dog shows from time to time. They always were soo nice and answered all my questions when I was a little girl hoovering around the show ring to watch the Crested ring when I wasn't showing!! Their love and enthusiasm for the breed only made me want a crested more. I had to wait until I grew up and had a house of my own to own one and the wait was worth it!! I love the pj's they sell on the crest care website our Vixie has a lot of them. They sold out of their calenders this year before I got mine:-) Good luck. We want to see pictures when you find the Crestie you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                    X