Can you get them done today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get them done today?

At 3:28pm this afternoon, I get a phone call while I am drying my 4th housecall customer of the day. Lady wanted to know about my
    services, ask about the price on two tiny little She-Shoes (her pronuncation). I explained that housecall grooming was done in the customers home , not in a mobile. She said that was great. I told her my next available appointment would be next Wednesday. Oh,, can't you get them done today?? I told her I was currenlty at a clients house and wouldn't be done for another hour. She said she was not sure that would work for her, she will call me back, and hung up. I had a really hard time not laughing in her ear!!! She waited till after 3 pm on Easter Saturday to try and find someone to groom her dogs?? Guess she googled groomers and was trying every mobile on the list,,,lol. Wonder if she ever found a groomer who was just sitting around waiting for someone to call, so they could dash out and go groom a dog. Poor little She-Shoes, guess they gonna have stinky butts for the Easter Bunny!! Hope every one had a productive day and can spend time with someone they love tomorrow. Happy Easter!

She may have found someone that had an opening. I had someone call about grooming cats while I was unable to answer the phone and called her back within a half an hour and she had already found someone to come out the next day.

Comment

She thinks you are waiting by the phone.

The other mobile groomer 'round here got a call from a woman who lives on an island via a boat and wanted the other mobiler to take the ferry over in her van to cut her dogs nails! She offered this info on her whereabouts after she was quoted it was $10 to cut nails. She also added it could be worth the groomers while to make the trip because she has neighbors with birds who needs their wings clipped and perhaps a few other nail cuttings.
      The ferry would cost about $50 r/t for a big grooming van. The ferry takes about 40 minuets each way.The island has no street parking so she would have to park in a public lot and walk to the house. So for $10 this woman thought the groomer would pay $50 for an hour and half boat ride return to park in a public lot and walk down narrow streets to cut her dogs nails with the prospect of possibly earning more money by clipping birds wings. We still laugh about that one to this day.

Comment

Well, when a groome rretires to the island ......

she/he can have pocket money doing nails and wings. People don't think. Too funny. Don't you wish you had a good come back for such questions?

Comment

We had this guy call about a labradoodle...

It had apparently decided to roll in its soggy-rained-upon poop in the yard yesterday morning, thankfully we had an opening due to someone who cancelled. The dog was recently groomed and well brushed but had caked up filth EVERYWHERE. I had to shampoo and rinse several times before I felt like it was truly clean. And get this, daddy didn't even tip.

Comment

That is very funny. Maybe she should of charged minimum $200.00 and she what she said.

Comment

Whats up with people. They seem so rude lately. Maybe its because I'm sick and have little patience these days. I had a regular call on Friday and 3:30 and wanted to know if I had time to groom her dog. I said no I'm finishing one now and I still have two more to do. I tell her that I can do her dog on Sat. Then she goes okay how about 8:00 Am I told her no she can drop off at ten. I mean seriously you think they would be happy to even get in on a holiday weekend.

Comment

I had a guy walk in with his yorkie frisday [email protected] 5.30 .SAID ok hes here for his haircut.I was getting ready to close at 6 I was like who is this? he said his name and I said hes never been with us right? he said he "thought maybe once" I was like no I dont think so . but in any event we close at 6 and I will never be abble to get him done in time. He said I dont mind waiting. I was so anoyed I said my husband would and will come looking for me.I have a appointment I can work you in on tuesday would you like that?he looked at his spoiled 14 year old and she whined but he will be dirty yada yad yada~ at that point I had no more appoinments left in my life for that dog. he didnt take tuesday that was his ONLY shot.I shouldnt have even been working on good friday

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                  she/he can have pocket money doing nails and wings. People don't think. Too funny. Don't you wish you had a good come back for such questions?
                  From what I can remember, the other mobiler called me up after that call. I don't think she had a response because she was taken off guard with that one. She just told the woman she doesn't take her trailer on ferries. Thats when the woman offered up her neighbors wings.
                  Strange. I not only think some people don't think but don't care.
                  Sure, take your rig via a ferry to the island for a ten dollar job.

Comment

Oh yeah, lots of those, lol

Had a bunch for this weekend - puhLEEZE do you think you can do him he's really small and you just have to shave him off, etc.

One of them was from a woman who "no showed" LAST weekend!! I didn't call her back. Oops.

Yeah, it sure is strange how people figure that they can get in at the last minute.

Anyone charge increased groom prices on Saturdays?? I'm thinking of it, since there is so much demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbiedogs View Post

Anyone charge increased groom prices on Saturdays?? I'm thinking of it, since there is so much demand.
                      oooo youre smart! I like that

Comment

Maybe she could get on the ferry & pay $50 for her dog to come to you for a nail trim.
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                          I do have a good come-back for such questions. Something like "There'll be an additional trip charge to cover the ferry expenses and lost time while I'm sitting on deck for an hour and a half and can't even go fishing. I think $110 sounds about right, don't you?"

What mystifies me is why did she think groomers do bird wings and nails? I do, but the majority of groomers don't even know which feathers to clip or how to restrain a bird without losing pieces of flesh to those beaks.

Comment

Working...
                          X