charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charity

Has anyone ever offered a free groom for a charity raffle?

Sort of

I have given gift certificates with a dollar value to be used towards services or products.

Comment

I haven't and wouldn't. I do give retail, spa treatrments, or something similar for charity raffles. If I gave a groom I would probably end up with a pelted St. Bernard or something similarly horrible so I don't even go there.

Comment

We do from time to time.

Comment

I did, twice...I gave it a $$ value, so I wouldn't end up with a huge mess of a dog, but the value was high enough to cover the cost to groom an average dog. The first dog was a Golden X for a bath and tidy - very sweet, no problems. The second coupon has never been redeemed! I would recommend you put an expiry date on it as well (maybe 6 mths), so you can exclude the Christmas crazy busy time. I have read a few threads where people have not been happy with the dogs/people that have come in with the coupon, but I've not had any problem yet. I will continue to provide the occasional gift certificate for charity, if the cause is right.
          "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

we did once...a snotty yorkie came in completely matted..would i ever do it again? no. Maybe for retail or something, we do that all the time..but not grooming..

Comment

Charity is a big thing with me.. If there is a raffle/fund raiser for charity I am usually on board. I love giving back..

I dont give free grooms.. I do donate $25 or $50 gift certificates tho..

Comment

A family member in Georgia lost everything to a house fire including their 3 month old son. The father was burned over 40% of his body trying to save his son. There is going to be a bull roast to help raise money, they are having money wheels and raffles.

I was wanted to offer a free groom but was not sure about how. Thanks for your input I think I am going to give a gift certificate for up to 50 dollars for a bath or groom.

Comment

I have donated to raffles, but no way would I donate a free groom or even a groom gift certificate. My luck, I would get the 80 lb. dog who is a biter, never been groomed before and was matted to the skin. Noooooo thanks! I play it safe, I make up a doggie gift basket full of suppies like a brush & comb, a bottle of shampoo & conditioner, a small bottle of dog cologne, a bunch of different treats, a bottle of ear cleaner and a couple of stuffed squeeky toys. Wrap it all up in cellophane with a pretty bow on top and they always said it was a big hit. Dont forget to put a business card inside and also attach one to the outside bow.

Comment

Definitely gift certificate ! yrs of experience speaking here...LOL

plus if you keep good records, it can be written off at end of yr.

Comment

I give a set $ amount and most of rhe rime never get them back, most of the ones I do get back are regulars rhet I am thrilled to give back to.
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I offer certificates for a certain dollar amount usually $40 with no cash value. for grooming only that way I don't get stuck grooming a $100 dog for free. It's tax deductible just have the organization give you paperwork for the donation. We have several quarter auctions each year for different groups and I always donate something. Usually I will make up a gift basket to go with it.
                        "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                        and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                        www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

I do...

a lot!!! I give a gift cert for 1 free groom for any dog up to 25 lbs with a groom value of $XX. That way I have contol. If the dog comes in and is #25 lbs but a mess, I could still charge more. I state that on the certificates.

I donate as much as I can. I usually end up doing 2-3 freebies for the community for every month. I love being in a position to do so!

Comment

I have done a few gift certificates and never had them redeemed. It's interesting that so many other people here never had theirs redeemed either.

Comment

I have done a few. I always put a value on them so you don't end up with a giant, messy free groom.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X