Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Support Needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT Support Needed

    As some of you may know I've had back problems since I got into a car accident back in '05. Well to make a long story short I've recently had severe pain in my back and numbness in my arms and legs and the doctors still do not know what is wrong. I am unable to work at all at this point and the doctors are thinking it may be fibromyalgia. I'm so scared that I won't be able to groom again and that this pain will never get better...

    I just am at a loss right now.
    My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

  • #2
    Sorry to hear that you're unable to work. Is there pressure on a nerve that could be causing the numbness? I assume you've had an MRI. I hope it's something that can be fixed. I had a disc replaced in my neck in Nov. and was only out of work for a week or so. I wish I'd done it sooner because I feel better than I have in years. Does anything you've tried make it better?

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm sorry to learn about your back problems. It's so frustrating to not have a diagnosis and a treatment plan. You'll be in my prayers and thoughts. Be well, Karen
      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

      Comment


      • #4
        This is probably silly but if you drink aspartame in any fashion, stop. I have had back/hip issues since 00 with no doctors having a clue. I really think I had aspartame poisoning because now I feel 80% better (I think the other 20% is SI problems and a trochanteric bursa which never quits). If anyone you know drinks this stuff and has undiagnosed or under diagnosed problems, tell them to stop.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you all for your support. My MRIs are all good so no pinched nerves... but the docs are just at a loss. I will be going into my family doctor this week to get a referral to a specialist that may figure it out but who knows? It's just hard to tell my clients that I don't know when I'll be back (if I'll be back).
          My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

          Comment

          Working...
          X