Boy I feel stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy I feel stupid

Alright, so tonight I let my standard outside with our pug, it's been rainy so we don't like to leave them out. Well I ask my daughter to let them in before she leaves for a friends house. Well she leaves and I call the dogs and only my little guy comes running nopug no poodle. So I figure she didn't let them in ( I know a teenager ignoring me NoWay) so I go to let them in and only the pug shows up. Go out back no poodle I start yelling for him thinking maybe he was in the house. Nothing. I start to panic my husband jumps in the car I take off running as does my son. Keep in mind we've been yelling for Carson in the house before we left, so 1hr and15 min later my son calls me I'mstill running all over town crying at this point thinking he's either run off or been taking and he tells me Carson is in his crate door open sound asleep. Now I am so happy my puppy is ok but really we all went into the room where his crate is and he didn't look up didn't even make a sound. He never goes in there on his own he didn't even respond to my son until he tapped on the top of the crate. I guess he just didn't feel like letting us know where he was... Happy he was home but still trying to calm down from being so worried.
    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
    www.wagmoresalon.com

I have done that -I was a wreck .I have a jack who is always running around well- i was getting ready for work and had intended to crate her before I left so I called ,no sunshine ,called again nothing. this went on for an hour I looked in the crate all I saw was her toys ...a few 101 dalmation puppies stuffed toys . I called out of work I couldnt go anywhere if sunshine was gone.
    well 2 hours into the ordeal my son found her under the 101 dalmation toys in her crate
    people must have thougght I was a nut running up and down the road yelling "Sunshine where are you " "Please come here sunshine" COme now!!!!!

Comment

Been there, done that. With our 'crew' I am tempted to get bells for them all, LOL. we had a new fence put in last yr but I still know the panic of not knowing... Im glad things turned out OK though.

Comment

LMBO @ suzy6469! Glad he was OK. I tried putting bells on my Chihuahuas, but, it made them too easy of targets for my cats. DOH!
        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I am always yelling for Pippin and he will be standing right at my feet.
          "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by keyray View Post
            I am always yelling for Pippin and he will be standing right at my feet.
            LMBO! And NOT answering! Mine do that.
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Im always looking for my toy poodle when we are out walking and sure enough she is always right behind my feet...lolol

Comment

Been there with my girls! I was panicking when I couldn't find them, Suki was in her crate and Matilda was in the laundry basket.

Comment

Crazy poo...

I have done that with my toy poodle, Have even started to check neighborhood and everything to find him behind a closed door upstairs, he thinks we are half crazy, he sure doesn't bark when I am calling him. I can tell you that much! I am glad your Poo was home safe and sound and SNORING!
                  ***Darlynn***
                  ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

my son did that when he was about 4.. fell asleep under a small toy bucket that one would never imagine one could fall asleep under.. I guess he was hiding and got bored.. the older kids and I tore the house apart for what seemed like 30 min-- passing said toy bucket a dozen times- before we discovered him..

It does send you into a panic.. I tell people all the time there is little difference between dogs and young children.. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ferretlov View Post
                      people must have thougght I was a nut running up and down the road yelling "Sunshine where are you " "Please come here sunshine" COme now!!!!!
                      Especially if it was a sunny day, but if it was raining or nighttime it makes sense.
                      The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

Working...
                      X