Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But I'm a man (and no I do not have a feminine side)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I'm a man (and no I do not have a feminine side)

So why is it that every pocket sized note pad with a cover out there is pink and adorned with flowers and paisleys?
    All I want is a wallet sized leather bound note pad with a small pen to carry in my pocket for when a new client calls. Simple as that sounds, nothing exists that is made for a man to carry. Hell, I've even found little tiny notepads that a woman can carry to track her periods with. What do they think us men do scratch this stuff out on our hairy arms with a knife and then cross it out with dried blood?

I'm tired of looking.
    Pass the Jack...........and a clutch purse.

(and not to mention that back when I ordered my K9 II dryer I didn't specify the color, so obviously it came in a really nice florescent pink. Arg.) lol

Sorry Jedd

I think men look good in pink button down oxford shirts. Really. Not even in the mens' dept of some office max place? Geee, maybe this is a business opportunity for you. Design your own. So Ralph Lauren doesn't make any note pads?

Comment

Quit yer bitchen!!!
      lol!
      Staples has all kinds of small non-gender specific notepads, & quite a few "Manly" black leather bound ones.

Comment

Originally posted by onions View Post
        Quit yer bitchen!!!
        lol!
        Staples has all kinds of small non-gender specific notepads, & quite a few "Manly" black leather bound ones.
        I was gonna recommend Office Depot. My old (male) boss used to tell our male bather to take some Midol, change his Kotex & get on with his day. All us ladies (& I use the term loosely) pretended not to hear as we struggled to keep a straight face--especially me--my face ain't never been straight.
        Last edited by Smart-n-Pretty; 03-28-10, 09:37 PM.
        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
          So why is it that every pocket sized note pad with a cover out there is pink and adorned with flowers and paisleys?
          l

Jedd...that is SO NOT TRUE! Just last week I found pocket sized notepads w/ 3 really fluffy, big-eyed kittens all cozy in a lavender basket on the front.
          You just need to broaden your resource pool. (Or just be like my cousin the carpenter...get one of those 3 pound, foot long, industrial square pencils...and write your notes on the walls, floors, kitchen counters....whatever is handy. That's pretty manly and always at the fingertips...)
          Here...sip on a Cosmopolitan...you'll feel better.

I am really, really, really, sincerely sorry about the florescent dryer. That...truly, is just NOT right. Hope you did something about that....Rustoleum comes in a variety of colors these days...not just "Rust" anymore.
          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Yes Jed, Ya gotta deal. You're "one of us " now.
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I have one that would be perfect for you-but ya can't have it. It's about the size of a pack of cigs, and maybe 1/4 inch thick. Metal in blue plaid, and it comes with it's own tiny pen. A client found it in the hospital gift shop where she works. Sometimes you gotta look outside the 'Box'.
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
                ...........and a clutch purse.

(and not to mention that back when I ordered my K9 II dryer I didn't specify the color, so obviously it came in a really nice florescent pink. Arg.) lol
                my husband is a printer whatcha need? just a scratch pad? have you tried steno notebooks? composition books? small sprial bound they come in whatever color i ALWAYS LOOK FOR YELLOW

Comment

I can relate in a way here. I am not a man but I am not cutsy either. I wear boots (used to be army but now Harley because they support my ankles better) I have to order my jeans because everything for women only goes to a 36" inseam (not long enough for me, I wear a 38"). I likes clean lines, things that will 'last' longer than a month and be worth my money. Look into Wilson's leather online or if you have an outlet mall near you (even better) but if you can find one close enough... black, brown or gray, clean lines, nice durable leather and simple!

Other wise you could look into Harley too, sheesh, they make stuff that can fall off the bike going over the road, come back after a truck ran over it and you dist it off and your good to go.... ROFL

Comment

hilarious thread! You can find a black leather notebook almost anywhere! My dryer is an ugly blue. I have a pink salon. Wanna trade dryers? :P

Comment

If you can't find what you need from the wealth of information already offered, if you can't find something, I always recommend Etsy.com.

They always have awesome stuff, I've seen handbound leather books that are SUPER nice.

Would this be similar to what you are looking for?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=43565518
                      There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

RPS, check out "The Buckle" in a mall for 38" leg jeans. LMBO @ "cosmopolitan"!

Here ya go, buddy: http://www.birthdaydirect.com/camouf...2-p-11170.html
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous

Comment

You have to stop shopping at Victoria secrets for your manly note pads and accessories :P

Comment

Here are a few more: http://www.bizrate.com/organizers-pl...fice-supplies/

Comment

Bass Pro Shop sells camo leather planners: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...11000_800-11-0

Comment

Working...
                              X