not even one good looking dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not even one good looking dog

Yesterday was matted shave down day. I hate days like this, I was looking forward to a min poodle that has a great coat coming in but she shows up and mommy had returned to work so little girl hadn't seen the working end of a brush since 6 weeks ago. Nothing I could do even tried to wet shave her but couldn't save enough coat to make her look anything but naked. Then 2 dogs that hadn't been in since Oct. a cocker and a standard poodle. I thought maybe the couple had started taking the dogs closer to their home. Nope they decided to let the dogs grow out for the winter. Mom even told me that when she noticed how matted they were she bought a really grooming brush.
    To bad brushing the top didn't keep the rest of the coat from matting up solid.Both had to be taken short short. Then the rest were all short cuts including a little cocker mix that gets what I have come to call a beagle cut. ( you know make my cocker look like a beagle) UGHHHH it's days like that when I don't feel like a groomer more like a sheep shearer. Just needed to vent. Tis the season for farm shave downs oh well the money's good.
    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
    www.wagmoresalon.com

Originally posted by suzy6469 View Post
    . . . including a little cocker mix that gets what I have come to call a beagle cut. ( you know make my cocker look like a beagle) UGHHHH
    we used to call that style a "beagle-do"

Sorry you had a day like that, but as you said, "tis the season".

Comment

Working...
    X