Reason Why Groomers Have Hard Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason Why Groomers Have Hard Jobs

I have a client whose dogs I have been grooming since 2004. She has 2 standard poodles, came to me, and asked lots of questions, and inquired where to purchase some equipment. She purchased clippers and some blades and other equipment.

I have a great sharpener here in Tulsa. I have moved out of town, and thought I could get him a little business from my clients.

My client has tole me and odette how hard the grooming business is, but today we found out HOW HARD it is. She comes in with a set of A-5 clippers and wants me to show her how to unscrew the blades and realign them, kind of like an A-2 clipper head. You should have seen the look on her face when I just snapped off the blade and put the other one on. She had told Odette and me that it took her 3 days to do a dog and today I understand why.

Hope this cheers you up.
    Jrsgroom

Way to funny I love it when they realize that it's a lot harder than it looks.
    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
    www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Yup! I've got one coming in on Tues that tried to home groom her STP. Probably gonna be a strip down...Too bad. I had him in a nice German trim.
      "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

My hubby's boss has 2 Aussie's, farm dogs, live outside, once a year shavedowns.
        Two years ago, my hubby commented to his boss that his dogs looked like they were due in for their haircuts.
        Bossman, thought he would save a few bucks and went out and bought clippers at Petsomething and started in on one of them with a 10 blade on top of the dogs back, every which way but right.
        Mom got pissed and her and daughter brought the dogs and the daughter watched while I shaved them with a 7 and fixed them up.
        Daughter has now been my helper/bather every SAt. since then. Dad gave clippers to daughter. Dad is not allowed near the clippers and has built daughter an HV dryer of sorts and "given" her a space in the garage (heated, they are rich) and bought and hooked up my old tub in there for her.
        I feel very lucky, I have a great helper because of him thinking grooming is easy..

Comment

Working...
        X