Moving business keep or change name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving business keep or change name

I need advice. I'm moving my business about 1/2 mile from where I'm at now. I live on Broadway so I named my home salon Broadway Pet Groominbg. I will no longer have my business on Broadway so should I change my name?

Not necissary sp, it would just confuse people ,if you want to changs make sure ro say for awhile blahblah; formerly broadway petgrooming. Congrats on the move !
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

how bout callin it "Off Broadway"... Just a thought
      You can tell all the Confused people "Yes,we are Broadway Gooming,but we are now Off Broadway on Main st...
      Last edited by Good Dog; 03-27-10, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I'd probably choose to keep the name, emphasising "Broadway" as the best "big time" sort of salon, complete with cartoon dogs on stage in the spotlight, in tux and tails.

Comment

I would keep the name it can get to confusing for them. Also in my area we had a shop that changed names to try and hide the fact that it was a the same owner who had gotten a rep of not paying her bills and was abusive to her clients. She went from being up front and visible to customers to being behind the scenes with employees taking in the dogs. I know that's not you but thought I'd share. luckily she didn't fool many for very long and is now long since out of business.
          Keep you name it will keep people from thinking you went out of business.
          "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
          and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
          www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Thanks and I'm going to keep my name as I can see all your points.

Comment

i too think adding the small case "Off" before the BROADWAY would be cute and since it will be small, the BROADWAY will still be prominent.

Comment

I like the "off" Broadway.

Comment

Yep I'm with the off BROADWAY Grooming. I think that's really catchy and you'd not cause a lot of confussion by it. Most of your regulars would get it, like an inside joke sort of thing..Very Cute idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X