Anyone have any pictures of groomed Cava Poos you can share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any pictures of groomed Cava Poos you can share

With what blade s/o you used to groom them?

I have a new cava-poo on Thursday and don't know what to expect.

I have seen Cavachons that have hair like cockapoos but the couple of pictures I found of Cava-poos have wispy kind of hair. I find that hair hard to make nice once clipped.
    Attached Files

My one cavapoo is very different from the Cavachon that I do. I think I posted the pic already, but I'll try again. They like her to look "natural" so I spritz and scruntch
    Attached Files
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

They are cute, and I so want to type more here, but why why why don't these people just go get mixed breed dogs at shelters?????? *sigh* so sad when so many get put to sleep.

Comment

The problem with mutts (and even among purebreeds, though you have a better idea of what to expect) is that their hair isn't consistent. The great thing is that there is no breed profile. There is no "way" to groom them. Just do what the customer wants!
        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
          The problem with mutts (and even among purebreeds, though you have a better idea of what to expect) is that their hair isn't consistent. The great thing is that there is no breed profile. There is no "way" to groom them. Just do what the customer wants!
          Yes, I just have to learn to not be so sour about it. Still makes me sad. I want to say to my clients who proudly say "morkie" oh...a "mutt." It's sad to me. Type in yorkie mix and petfinders and there ya go. Have one whose "morkie" I've been grooming for months, through tons of matted hair for such a small dog, who finally (Thank God ) gave up on a long coat. Her hair tangled just looking at it. And somehow, this (sorry) jackass decided to put a (ACTUAL, OMG) deposit on another morkie from the same breeder. And so happy about it.

I tried to pretend to be happy.

Comment

We call them cavoodles in Australia. They usually have soft coats which matt easily and are a pain to scissor and get perfect. I generally do them in a teddy bear style.

Comment

Originally posted by arlaede View Post
              They are cute, and I so want to type more here, but why why why don't these people just go get mixed breed dogs at shelters?????? *sigh* so sad when so many get put to sleep.
              I'm with you on that one that's where I get all my mutts.

Comment

oohoohooh I should be annoyed,,but that little dog is soooooo adorable! The glasses? OMG--so cute!!
                Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

A mutt is a mutt...

The pic of the one in the tub looks EXACTLY like the Lhasa/Dachshund/Chihuahua mix we do. One never knows how the genes will mix.
                  The one Morkie we do has a horrendous coat too...luckily they do keep her brushed, but she's absolutely nuts!! My husband calls her "Ears!" because she has ears bigger than a Pap and she's one of those dogs that will put the ears up and down for expression. Cute, but wild!

Comment

Originally posted by petgroomaustralia View Post
                    We call them cavoodles in Australia. They usually have soft coats which matt easily and are a pain to scissor and get perfect. I generally do them in a teddy bear style.
                    That's what I was thinking it looks like the kind of coat that matts when the wind blows. The woman said she was just groomed six weeks ago, so we shall see.

She doesn't want to leave her at a corporate shop for hours anymore she said

Comment

I posted a pic of this guy quite a while back and identified him as a Cavachon...but was later corrected by the owner that he is a Cavapoo.
                      One parent was a Ruby Cav and the other was an apricot Poo. (Dang it people! I'm trying my best to keep all your little "designers" straight...but they mostly look alike to me...little, fluffy, and extremely bouncy! )

When I first groomed him at about 8 mos. his hair looked like overgrown dead field grass. As his coat change settled in and he comes regularly...it actually evolved into some thing I could work with.
                      It's still very, very, fine and flyaway....no texture to speak of...but does quite well w/ a tan SO and some scissoring. Sorry I don't have a full body shot...but hopefully you can get the idea?
                      Attached Files
                      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

OMG 4Sibes that is one cute little dog.

Thanks for sharing. It would be great if she looked like that the woman said she is only 10-12 pounds

Comment

Working...
                        X