freshpet dog food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freshpet dog food

I have been seeing several commercials advertising this refrigerated dog food. I went to their website and their ingredient list is really funny. On the slice and serve food it lists Chicken, eggs, chicken liver, chicken broth, carrots, brown rice, peas, rice bran, carrageenan, salt, natural flavors. then lists the vitamins and minerals. So in what order are these in the list? What are the first ingredients? i'm just wondering if they are trying some advertising shadiness. It seems like a decent food but this is an odd way to list it and I had to do some searching to find the ingredients. Here is the link
    http://www.freshpetselect.com/products/adult-cvr.htm

I buy this product often for my westie and she loves it. I believe the products are listed in order of what there is most of first. They sell these in several stores in my area.

Comment

i see what you mean. pet labeling doesn't follow the same rules as people food labeling and because of that many pet food companies take advantage and IMO are intentionally deceptive. i've seen this co. at trade shows and have gotten a huge sample to try on my dogs. i don't think it is their intention to be deceptive.
      on pet food labels, the first listed ingredient is by weight NOT volume. big difference.
      Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
      "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

If you purchase it in the store, the package does state how much of each ingredient is in each roll. Seem to be good quality ingredents that have not been highly processed and dogs seem to love it. I have only seen it at Kroger stores around Ohio.

Comment

Working...
        X