X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpikeyTheYorkie
    replied
    Excellent replies, everyone.

I think I will give them a thank you note with a gift. Then I will feel like the stuff is "mine." I haven't used it since the husband made that comment. I just haven't felt like they were mine. Thank you again.

Tammy in Utah

Leave a comment:

• poodlelover
    replied
    i have gotten a few gifts from clients, one brought in a large wire crate and small plastic one. they had a large goldipoo and i took about $15 off the groom then sent a nice hand written thank you note. this was actually their first visit, they were moving and did not want to take these to the new house. they have been regular clients since then.

the other was a little chih whose owner used to groom, he brought in a whole set of mostly new blades. i was so surprised, and asked if he wanted anything for them, he insisted no. i thought of giving them a free groom, but instead decided to put a little gift bag together for the dog as a thank you.

it is tough because you did not ask for these things, and the owner did not ask if you wanted to buy them. i bet the others are right that the hubby thought that was too much to just give away. to bad he ruined a very generous act. if i were you i would keep them, and send a thank you. if you can afford a gift card or little gift for the dog that might be nice. the wife probably won't let you give them back. or talk to your boss and see if they might be willing to give them a gift cert for something off the next groom.

Leave a comment:

• Smart-n-Pretty
    replied
    Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
    I do this too, but I have a Bravura.

Thanks for the idea though, because sometimes things break, LOL. Like Bravuras!

How's the mobile coming along, BTW?

Tammy in Utah
    Both my bravuras are broken. Mobile is going better than I expected. I'm not rich yet, though.

Leave a comment:

• SpikeyTheYorkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
    Wow, poor you. I keep a #10 on my single speed so I don't have to switch back & forth. It saves time.
    I do this too, but I have a Bravura.

Thanks for the idea though, because sometimes things break, LOL. Like Bravuras!

How's the mobile coming along, BTW?

Tammy in Utah

Leave a comment:

• ferretlov
    replied
    I had a similar situation except I didnt groom the dog-the owner wanted me to rgoom him for a pair of andis clippers he bought to groom the dog .well he couldnt do it this dog was a black russian terrier big dog and I dont think the man even washed the dog.andhow he wanted to and I said I have no control.

Leave a comment:

• Smart-n-Pretty
    replied
    Wow, poor you. I keep a #10 on my single speed so I don't have to switch back & forth. It saves time.

Leave a comment:

• Debbiedogs
    replied
    I agree with bulldogmom, lol

Yeah, wife was giving you stuff, not asking if you could do a trade for it. Hubby thought he'd try. hahahahaha Nope, don't send the stuff back, take it as wife gave it, not as hubby messed it up.

Leave a comment:

• kated
    replied
    Send a thank you note.

It sounds like it was meant as a gift. Maybe you could send a thank you note with a Starbucks card inside. Since you don't own the place, you can't set prices.

Leave a comment:

• bulldogmom
    replied
    This could be a case of husband vs. wife. I see it now... Wife is a nice lady genuinely trying to make a nice gesture, tells husband of good deed, husband gets grouchy because wife spent $$$ on the stuff, husband picks up dog and decides that he might as well try to recoup some of us investment in the tools by asking for a discount, you say no, husband tells wife later and she feels as awkward as you do now. Very possible scenario. I think sending them back would potentially compound her embarassment. This has penny-pinching husband written all over it, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• SpikeyTheYorkie
    started a topic Ummm...AWKWARD!!!

Ummm...AWKWARD!!!

I have this little toy poodle client. The owners are nice and all, but not really good clients, and the dog is somewhat difficult (short body, fuller scissored legs and crest). He's a wiggle monkey.

So the other day the wife drops the dog off and hands me this trash bag filled with stuff. It looked like a bag of toys or something. So I opened the bag and there was a gently used Andis AGC single speed clipper, an Oster Nail Grinder that looked like it had NEVER been used, some Bamboo nail clippers, and 2 cans of cool lube, which I will never use. I was so PSYCHED!

I thanked her over and over, and she told me that she tried to groom him herself but he was difficult (that explains why he's been a ding dong to groom!), and that since she'd never use the tools, she figured I might as well. I couldn't believe my fortune (I hadn't realized at the time the Andis was a single-speed clipper, but it would be fine for a back-up clipper).

Anyway, I thanked her again and proceeded to spend 2 hours grooming and scissoring the little stinker, giving him the best groom he's ever gotten from me, and then the husband came to pick up. He then asks, "MY WIFE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY WE CAN GET A DISCOUNT." Boy, talk about uncomfortable.

I was thankful that I am an employee of the animal hospital and can fall back on "I'm on 50% commission, and I don't set the prices." It was so awkward.

Now I feel like sending her a Thank You note, and stating I just cannot accept the grooming tools. What do you all think? I don't want this hanging over my head. I really don't NEED that clipper, the nail clippers are guillotine type and TOTALLY dull, and the Oster Nail Grinder is great.

Tammy in Utah
Working...
X