Update on "I need to rehome Lacey"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on "I need to rehome Lacey"

Today she got her new forever home. I'm just very happy with the family she went to. The owner just lost her beloved pet recently from cancer. She throws birthday parties for her pets. Lacey is not an only dog, she will share the home with a Blue Healer, and that dog came along to meet Lacey as well. They got along pretty good with their first meeting.

I'm sad but I'm looking forward to some nice quiet time and I don't have to worry about Panda being dinner and Toby doesn't have to guard the little dogs from Lacey now.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Happy for you Pixie and (hugs) even when you know it's the best thing it still hurts to let go. Kudos to you for doing the right thing!
    Here's wishing you peace of mind and Lacey lots of love in her new "forever" home.

Comment

Glad she went to a good home!

Good for you for finding her a nice home. It is hard, but it does help when you know they are going to have people that will care for them.

Comment

I know you are sad to see her go, but glad she got a good home. I bet Panda is double glad and Toby can go back to being big dog around the house,,,,,

Comment

Just got a phone call from the lady that took Lacey.
          When she got to her house and opened up the car door she went to put the leash on Lacey, missed and Lacey bolted for the opening. Told me she just ran. They called her once like I told them I call her. She stopped looked at the lady but when the lady started for her she took off at full speed. Guess she realized it wasn't me. They search for her and haven't her as of yet.

She has tags, so hopefully if someone finds her, or the AC pick her up, dead or alive, they'll give me a call.
          It would be a miracle for her to get home on her own. The lady lives a good 35 miles away and there is lots of traffic in between, and it is dark outside. Lacey is a black dog, she won't be seen.

I couldn't believe that the leash was off. I even gave them the leash I had gotten for Lacey, a nice leather one. So why in the world would you take the leash off a dog that you don't know and doesn't know you or where she is?!!

If for some chance she makes it back to me in one piece I guess she won't be going anywhere. We will make it work. I just feel soooooo bad about what has happened. Poor Lacey, out there in the cold, strange dark city all alone and so scared.
          Diane

Comment

Dang,, she lost her before she even got her home, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I would be in the car looking for Lacey! Hope someone finds her.

Comment

has anyone found Lacey yet....I would be sick with worry...can't believe the new owner didn't have a leash on Lacey anyway...as you said, she has your tags on so hopefully someone found her and she will be returned....keep the faith

Comment

No calls yet.
                I'm worried sick. Poor girl didn't even get dinner last night so she should be good and hungry.
                Hopefully if/when someone finds her they will be able to get close enough to her and catch her, see the tags and call. Not just figure they have a new dog.
                Diane

Comment

Pixie,
                  I am so sorry to hear about your Lacy, have been following your thread since you new placing her was a must, I sure hope someones finds her safe and sound. Sending positive thoughts your way.
                  ***Darlynn***
                  ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

Got a call a few minutes ago......SHE HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!! When I was told I just cried and cried. The lady on the other end of the phone must have thought I was really a nut case, but I just couldn't help it I was so relieved.

The lady called the AC this morning, explained to them what had happened. AC checked the computer and found that there had been calls about a big black Std Poo wondering. Three trucks were sent out to get Lacey, but she made them work for 1 1/2 hrs before she let them catch her. Poor thing was scared to death. She is now safe in her in new home being pampered and cared for. I told them to be sure to keep a leash on her for a while! Said they would.

I was also told that I could call and come and see her whenever I want. If I do that it will be in a week or two, maybe never. I just don't want to confuse Lacey anymore than need be. I'm just happy to know that she has been found and starting her new life.
                    Diane

Comment

has the new owner been in contact with you...are they looking for her?

Comment

Dang Pixie!!!! I've been following the saga...but had no time to chime in...just kept fingers crossed for a good outcome.
                        When she resurfaces...don't let guilt propel you into a decision that may well result in Panda's untimely death...ok? Promise me that.
                        Almost everything happens for a reason....

My real reason for typing away here...is to ask if she is chipped? If she is...you may need to contact the chipping org. to give them a heads up and change contact info if she was chipped before you took possession of her....

Fingers crossed for a happy outcome....

When the Sibes pull off a great-run-away...I always shoot a quick prayer to St. Jude...he's the Patron Saint of Hopeless Cases (for us Ca-tholics.) Then as I'm frantically searching for them...I drag poor St. Francis into the prayer mix.
                        The dynamic duo for "running amok Sibes" have never let me down...

Hope you hear something positive, soon.
                        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

So glad she's been found and also that the new owner's been given another chance. Everyone makes mistakes and it's especially easy to do so with an unfamiliar dog.
                          The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

I am so glad she was found. I have also been following this thread and am so glad she's with her new family and all is all right.
                            ~*~Robin~*~
                            "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post
                              So glad she's been found and also that the new owner's been given another chance. Everyone makes mistakes and it's especially easy to do so with an unfamiliar dog.
                              Yup...just what Blue said.

(signed..."Panda"...lol!)
                              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X