Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My My what a job was

done on my parti-cocker.

When I hurt my rib I had to send some of my clients to other groomers. One client found her way to a shop where she had both her cockers groomed.

I had posted pics of Freckles in a thread. The dog is never matted. One of those great coats and a devoted owner. Pics of my job are here:

http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...ker-taken-care

Now go look at what the other groomer did to my client's dog. There wasn't even enuf hair on the feet for me to even put a bevel or make them round. Apparently the groomer told my client that the dog was matted. Looks to me like she just chopped the hair off to about 2". It will take several months for this dog to get back into condition.

The black cocker(which I don't have pics of) was so uneven on both sides I could swear that two different groomers did her. Nothing matched anywhere on the dog.

I was furious when I saw Freckles. Can't say I'm crazy about him, but I do take pride in my work.
    Attached Files

Ummmm, WOW! I am soooo sorry.
    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

WOW!!!

Looks like someone wanted to use a snapon comb and not worry about drying hair straight. Or something.

Comment

OMG! Looks like it was done by a 4 year old with safety scissors! (No offense to the 4y old's out there ;-) )
        "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

I know I already said this to you...but now that I see the pics.....Jeez. I really don't understand how someone could turn that out and feel good about it?
          I mean...did they finish the dog up, stand back from the table, look at the dog...and actually think to themselves..."Wow...that looks really good"? I'm stumped.
          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

The owner must've been mortified when she saw her chopped up dog. Bet she really appreciates you even more now. Looks like they roughed him in and sent him home.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

What a "mess" you musta been cryin in the bath water! I know it makes you mad, it would me too, but one good thing, it's hair and it will grow back. This customer will love you all the more, so I would just look at the positives.
              I had one come in and it was a maltese who was litterally butchered, (think owners had a hand in it) they asked if I could "fix" it. I said well if I could glue hair extensions maybe; otherwise, your lookin at blending and time to grow out! He he he.
              Good grooming Ellie, I hear ya!

Comment

That will ensure loyalty to your grooming ! Itis just bizarre to do thisand charge for it.
                ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

why in gods name would anyone want to do that to her? I hate hate hate stripping down a odg when it looks good.I really try to talk people out of it.I had a solid black shihtzu in full coat come in tuesday to get a # 7 all over .the woman was in the hospital and her dog was being cared for by a cousin well cousin had me shave the dog so it didnt dirty her floor.I almost cried.I did a #5 and didnt tell her she didnt notice .I know the mom is going to flip when she sees her baby hes soo pretty .If I were that cockers mom id have lost it.

Comment

I can't even make out the pictures???? Sorry I would love to be able to see what you are talking about.....Well, like someone else said, at least the owner will really appricate you soooooo much more then before.....

Comment

Originally posted by fiveoclockdog View Post
                      OMG! Looks like it was done by a 4 year old with safety scissors! (No offense to the 4y old's out there ;-) )
                      I'm pretty sure MyLady's daughter needs to give that kid a few lessons! DANG-ola!
                      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

you get what you pay for

Boy have I seen this happen to some of my terriers...
                        must have been a "bargain" job or a burnt out groomer who had no soul left... Somebody who watched too many terrier videos- that is a sad terrier pattern, or maybe the groomer did it on purpose so you wouldn't send them a client they have no interest in spending time on...
                        regardless don't get hurt again! You showed them just how lucky they are. Time for a price increase :-)

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieBeth View Post
                          Boy have I seen this happen to some of my terriers...
                          When you go on vacation...you should refer your clients to this place someone told me about...I don't have the name handy...but they have a snappy 1/2 page ad w/ 2 drop dead gorgeous, hand stripped Irish Terriers in one of the local publications up your way.....
                          (errr...devil icon please?)
                          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

"You showed them just how lucky they are. Time for a price increase :-) "

My thoughts exactly, especially since he is a challenge to groom.

sittingpretty

Comment

Don't you EVER, I said EVER....hurt your rib again.

Tammy in Utah
                              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                              X