Thinking of a new name for my future salon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of a new name for my future salon

I have a house in a tiny town in the middle of Utah. The name of the town is Junction (it's the Junction of 2 or 3 rivers). So I thought of naming my salon Pet Junction. I want to have a little retail area and possibly do boarding.

Everytime I walk my dogs, all five of them, I get such weird looks. On Sunday a minivan actually slowed down and the little kid in the front seat took a picture of me and the dogs. So I am sure I am already the "crazy dog lady". I am considering naming my salon Crazy Dog Lady Grooming. Pet Junction just seems so boring. Crazy Dog Lady Grooming is long, but it's more "fun". It matches me personality a little better.

What are all your thoughts?
    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Crazy Dog Lady Grooming....I picture a rabid pitbull doing bikini waxes.....lol

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure that using "Crazy" in your title exactly makes a good impression! Hahaha. Usually "crazy-insert animal here-lady" as a phrase is meant to be derogatory, so it may turn people off. Maybe if you define the kind of crazy, like "Crazy about treating your fur baby right!" and not "Crazy enough to make salad at 2 am with my very sharp scissors naked!" or "Stare at you while you're asleep thisclose to your face and then purposefully sneeze crazy." But I digress.

Pet Junction is catchy, but I agree...maybe slightly boring. I wish I could come up with a good alternative! I'm just not creative in that way. Maybe Sibes has a good offer to make.

Crazy Dog Lady Junction? You could hold meet 'n greets in the evenings with doggy beer and invite other crazy dog owners? Good advertising!

Alright, I'm thinking it may be time for me to go to bed. Sorry this probably wasn't helpful.
      There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

PJ (pet junction) pet styling?

My brain isn't functionable today
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I agree that Crazy in the name may not be good, how about Pet Function Junction? junction of different services.. less boring?

Comment

Pet T Coat Junction Pet Styling.....

You are prob too young to remember, but there was an old TV show called Petticoat Junction. Was about 3 young girls, their mom and old crochety uncle living at a railroad junction in the town of Hooterville. I think they were neighbors with the Green Acres crowd. here's a link to the old show,,,lmao

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056780/

Comment

You could do that and then see if you can get the rights to that pic in Windyways post and use it as your logo. Ya know the one where the lady was line drying a bunch of little dogs she had just washed....lol No but really. I have to agree that "Crazy Dog/Cat Lady" is usually a negative statement used by people. I would hate for that to affect your business. SUPER cute name though. I love names that stand out.
              Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
              Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

RoodyRoo-you took the words right outta my mouth. I AM old enough to remember that show-and the cute little benji dog they had too.
                Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Er, that was the original Benji on the show; his name was Higgins, tho they just called him dog; he was 12 on the show; then made his first movie, Benji, became a household word; he was the biggest star to come out of that series.

Comment

How about just "The Dog Lady", or "Dog Lady's Junction"? My non-doggy friends have already teased me about being the dog lady in town someday, so I like the theme

Comment

howzabout

Pet Function(s) Junction?

Comment

I'm just piggybacking Rudy and Karla's thoughts...but "Pretty Coat Junction"?

Another thought..... "Two or Three Rivers Grooming Salon".
                        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by RudyRoo View Post
                          Pet T Coat Junction Pet Styling.....
                          I'm not old enough to have watched it when it first run, but I do remember the reruns.

That is actually a cute name.

Yeah, crazy does have a negative connotation. I just thought I should call a spade a spade. Hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                            I'm just piggybacking Rudy and Karla's thoughts...but "Pretty Coat Junction"?

Another thought..... "Two or Three Rivers Grooming Salon".
                            Oooohhh, I really like Pretty Coat Junction.

Comment

Have you actually ever heard someone refer to you as "The dog lady?" Because if the name is already "out there" then I think you should use that one. Reasoning, that you already have an image/ your name (so to speak) is known.

I get a really cute picture in my head of the woman walking down the street with very well styled dogs on leads. Perhaps the image could show you walking past the "Junction" of two main streets in your town. A simple drawing could become your logo on bus. cards, mural for the front window or on your van, etc.

Sounds like a fun prospect, good luck with it!! I also thought of "Puppy Dog Junction."

sittingpretty

Comment

Working...
                              X