OT: A special bond with my client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: A special bond with my client

I work in a vets office and a few weeks ago one of my clients brought her beagle in because it ate 6lbs of food! Well after trying to induce vomiting for a while her tummy started to twist, so long story short we had to do emergency surgery on her after hours, there was only the dr. me and a tech.....after going in we discovered a softball sized tumor on her spleen so we had to remove that as well since it was getting ready to burst, While all this craziness was going on the dr. looked at me told me to scrub in and there I was holding organs and assisting during the whole process the whole time all i could think was "I am just the groomer!" but I tell you what she lived through this we saved her life. She just came in to get her stitches out and I have never been so happy to hear her loud beagle barks when she came in the door. Now I feel so close to her and her mom tells her that I now know her inside and out !

I know what you mean. I saved the life of a rat terrier once. I worked at a corprate store that has a vet clinic in it and I stopped to say hi at the cash register as they were getting ready to leave. Well she threw up a treat she had just eaten and with my own dog at the vet that day for reacting to a vaccine I said let me have them check her out before you leave. For some reason I just picked her up and walked right back into the treatment area (was friendly with the vets) the next thing I knew I had every vet and tech in the place swarming over her as she was in full anaphlaxic sp? shock. If they had left the store she would have been dead before they got home. I had a special place in my heart for her ever since.

Comment

Wow - that's incredible! Holy moley. Guts and organs! way to go!!!!!

Comment

Your story is awesome, but I have to say, the dog in your avatar is SO CUTE!!!! OMG! I can't handle those babies that have underbites, it's always looks like they are grinning upside down. Hehehehe. Love it!
        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Thanks so much that is my bubba zeke... his name fits that face

Comment

Thank god for the torsion; those Hemangiosarcomas are rarely diagnosed before they burst and the dog bleeds to death; my last dobie's male's dam (a champion CDX winner) died on the table when they were trying to take hers out; she bled to death; it was on her liver).
            They are usually on the spleen or liver; sometimes on the heart; extremely vascular.

Comment

yes extremely lucky if she had never ate the food she probably would of died within a months time, and yes extremely vascular.. we had a couple close calls, but that was part of my job ..to stop the bleeding and find the little suckers to help clamp off

Comment

Working...
              X