Slow hand Jedd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow hand Jedd

Well I guess I'm improving. It only took me 3 1/2 hours today to do a cocker. Skimmed a whole half hour off my time :{

Please tell me I'll get faster.

LOL youl et faster !!!!!
    A few weeks ago I had 2 cocker from the same family along with 3 shihtzus or something I had from 10 am till 1pm to do them.(all)
    '
    It sooo didnt happen.thank god the cockers were daycare dogs normally I had to call thier mom and ask her to leave them for the day and just pick up after work because It wasnt gonna happnen.I shaved and bathed them and the humidity was so bad they wouldnt dry.I pout them in a cage dryer for an hour -still wet finished another shihtzu ....cockers were still wet. clamped the third arm onto the table with a hair dryer and hv dried them still never got the ears and feet dry .around 4 pm I got them dry and realized the air conditioner was OFF.I was pissed!
    Had the air been on they would have dried better.so the feet were awfull looking I think.
    but I did 2 last tuesday and 3 other dogs in about 4 hours.maybe 5. But i have been averaging 1 cocker a day for some reason.thy came out of the woodwork.
    And I got my new clippers today and I think alot of that was wimpy clippers too these new ones compaired to the other ones I had Is night and day-

Comment

You will get faster, you will get faster, you will get faster,,,lol. 3 & 1/2 hrs ain't bad for a cocker, if'fin that includes bathing & drying time. When I finished grooming school in July 08, I could barely do 4 dogs a day. Now I can do 9-10 dogs a day. Not that I want to do that many, but we are having staffing problems and I am the only groomer on Monday & Tuesday's. Do what I do, keep your eye on the clock, don't take lunch, and keep a few chocloate cookies at your station for energy,,,lmao

Comment

LOL... you'll get faster. I'm down to 2 hours (working as fast as I can!). Don't think I'll get faster than that tho. Cockers are laborious.
        A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

LOL! Don't worry, you'll get faster. Personally, every cocker I do FEELS like it takes all day, altho I can usually have em in and out in 1.5, maybe 2 hours....
          Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
          George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

yyooouu'llllllllll ggeettttt fffaaaasssttter.

It's for that very reason I no longer accept Cockers weighing over 90 pounds for grooming. They are bad for the phsych-eeee.
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

ROLF! Very funny post! YES- you will get faster!!!
              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I don't know

what you did to the Cocker, but some of us have said: take a Cocker out of the bath and dry for 1 1/2 hours and they'll be wetter than when you took them out of the bath. For show dogs, 3 hours is appropriate for a Cocker. I do one full coated Cocker and it's about 2 hours for me.

YOU WILL GET FASTER!!!!!!!!
                Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

We need to start a new "Best Thread Title of the Day" contest. You win my vote for today...and from here on, you are limited to 1 original thread title every 3 weeks...cuz your thread titles are good...and you might always win. Until you get faster of course. Then...just like the rest...you'll dump us.
                  Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Cockers are a killer. The darn things don't dry. Especially the ears. They're like persian rugs. lol You didn't say what style you were doing.....Get those Happy Hoodies to start. That'll help with those ears. Wrap and clip the body with towels to absorb the water. I only groom one cocker now in my van and its a 7 strip. I don't know what it is about the hair. Even when you think they are dry, you can always find a wet or damp spot. When you're drying make sure the nozzle is right on the skin. Hope that helps. Good luck Jedd!
                    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Originally posted by wet noze View Post
                      You didn't say what style you were doing.....
                      It was an American Cocker with 10 pound ears.

Can I save the hair and have the wife weave super absorbent towels from it? Well on second thought, you probably couldn't wring the water out of them. Or they'd suck up all the moisture in the house and we'd all die of dehydration.

Thanks everybody, I feel much better now.

Maybe one day I'll have this all figured out ......and at the very point of that happening I'll have a heart attack and die. (but with a big goofy smile frozen on my face)

Comment

Please don't get faster, we all need giggles and to rememberwhat it was like "back in the old days" lol
                        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Don't go to your reward before you send me the 4th born you promised. You WILL get faster. I remember the Olden Days when it took 5 hours of working straight through to do a Schnauzer.
                          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                            Don't go to your reward before you send me the 4th born you promised. You WILL get faster. I remember the Olden Days when it took 5 hours of working straight through to do a Schnauzer.
                            Schnauzers are easy for me now. I've got them down to only three hours. And that includes only a half hour spent on trying to calculate the precise angle and curvature of the eyebrows :}

Comment

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
                              Schnauzers are easy for me now. I've got them down to only three hours. And that includes only a half hour spent on trying to calculate the precise angle and curvature of the eyebrows :}
                              I've gotten them down to 45 minutes, bath included. If you ever get a chance to do an ISCC Master Pet Grooming Symposium, please spend the $. You will be ever so glad you did.
                              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                              X