Bottoms-Up Leash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottoms-Up Leash

As Wyatt's hip dysplasia & accompanying arthritis worsens, its getting harder and harder for him to go on walks. I found this on the internet and was wondering if anyone here has used this product or something similiar. Comments? Opinions? Ideas?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...2&pcatid=19912
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

I think it would work fine. I've used towels under dogs with hip problems to help support them when I needed to get them up and going.

Comment

I have a client that uses one and it realy does help with his dally.
      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I have used something similar, but it has a lot more padding on it. Those are some fairly sensitive areas you're putting pressure on, and they can get sore pretty quickly. If you've ever been on crutches for any length of time, remember how your arm pits felt after the first day. OW! Same thing can happen at the other end; groin pain.

Comment

It looks fine for getting in and out of the car & short term movement, but how would you keep the back weight lifted evenly for a walk??? I would buy him a little red wagon & let him ride.

Comment

I have a client GSD that comes in on a padded one as well. It really helps him but makes my arm tiiiiired!

Comment

Wrap it with pipe insulation.
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                Wrap it with pipe insulation.
                I was gonna ask about that very thing, Miss Oh-so-Smart-n, but you beat me to it. I was also wondering exactly WHERE on the leg the padding should rest? Should it come up and around a bit in front of the leg or would it be better kept centered in the thigh?AND, what do you think of wrapping the pipe insulation in sheepskin or something similar?

I got one yesterday, btw. Haven't tried it yet, though, because the weather hasn't cooperated.
                Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I think the sheepskin or a soft fabric (flannel or fleece) would make it easier on tender areas.

Comment

Pipe insulation is rinsable. (Is that a word?) Sheep skin I'm not sure how to clean.
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                    X