Opinions on Shears:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Shears:)

I am in desperate need of a new pair of 10" shears. I prefer curved since I have to choose I need something low cost. I don't have a lot to spend so I was looking at the gator or monks. Which they are both cheap and trust me if I could get the cc's they have on sale at cherrybrook I would in a heartbeat. But I really need to get a new pair cause it seems like the scissor dogs are coming out of the woodworks lol. Thanks for any advice!!!!

I only use Monks and he does a wonderful job sharpening(as good as Northern Tails!)

Comment

I like my geib entrees. They sell on ebay for buy it now 59.00 but I think the curves only come in 9.5.

Comment

I honestly LOVE the Paw Brothers shears by Ryans Pet Supply. They are about $75-$80 bucks for a 10" curved shear and they last forever. They sharpen well and they are VERY durable. My co-worker and I use those as our everyday shears and they get dropped and kicked around and they still go strong. I recommend these to anyone wanting a good decent pair of pet grooming shears.

Comment

I like my pawbrothers to. I still have my pair from school 3 years ago and I only just got them sharpened they have gone forever and I don't know Howmany times I dropped them when I was learning. I don't use them for my really nice dogs but they plow through those cruddy cocker feet and and shih face that never come in. I definatly will keep them around for the dogs that are not in good shape.

Comment

For a cheaper shear, Entrees are good workhorses. If you can swing it, the first level Kenchiis (Scorpion) are what I recommend! They aren't that much more expensive and hold a really nice edge!
            There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

All 3 of your choices are good reliable shears if you can find a vendor and try them all before you purchase them would be your best bet.I love my monks I have used them for over 17 yrs now and they are still going strong ,they are light weight and well balanced for my hands,My gators I use for those heavier coats for a easier finish but they are heavier and do tend to tire my hands much faster than the monks do, as for the scorpions I have the 7 and 8 inch shears and the thinners , All have held a razor sharp edge for well over a yr now and still no sign of needing sharpening anytime soon.they do however create a crisper cut , as my monks and gators have serrated edge and the scorpions have the razors edge..I have considered purchasing the geib crocs as they are styled with thinner blades more like the monks

Comment

Im loving the advice guys thank you I am starting to lean more towards the monks cause I like the light weight and I always have shears in my hand more then any other piece of equipment.

Comment

Working...
                X