My own stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own stupidity

well, it's bound to happen. We all do stupid things every once in a while, right? I made an appointment two nights ago for two cats. One was a retired champion show cat and the owner was having him groomed as a treat for him. She told me how she had watched the breeder groom him and how much he just loved the attention. Apperently, not having been in the bathing and drying routine for 4 years, they can forget how much they love it LOL. He's a great cat, an Exotic Long Hair and HUGE. Sweet boy and so cute. He starts crying loudly in the tub. Owner swears he's never made that sound before. So I go to dry him and he seems fine, blow a breaker, fix it, turn the dryer back on (a smaller one at that) and there goes flying kitty. So of course I don't let go, and I end up clawed up and down my arm, but I kept him safe which was what was important. He was in a harness, but even in that I didn't want him to thrash and hurt himself. As much as I know about not believing everything an owner says about how good a pet is for grooming (not that I believe they lie, I think thye honestly believe it themselves) I think I let my guard down a little. This is the future in laws of a friend of mine, nicest people and this poor woman started crying when she saw how upset her cat got, so I know she truly thought he'd like it. My arm is absolutely fine now, but she called me yesterday to check, which was so sweet. When I came home I put some neosporin on it and of course I had cleaned it right after it happened. It's pretty much healed up though. My hubby said it looked like a bad barbed wire tatto and I should go show it off to get some street cred LOL. So, lesson learned, apparently I need a reminder every 10 years or so not to get too comfortable. And yes, I'll continue to groom the kitties
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Cats can be dangerous, I never harness cats, but I also don't use a dryer on them anymore after I had a cat go flying when I turned it on. I use a oster stand dryer with a box fan in front of it. usually 2-3 hrs for them to dry, but alot safer. Sorry about your arm glad its alright. I like grooming cats, so I will continue to groom them to.

Comment

I'm mobile so I don't have room for a stand dryer, cage dryer, nor could I wait the 2-3 hours for the cat to dry that way like I could when I was in a salon.
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Working...
      X