Cowlicks on Chests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowlicks on Chests

Hi Guys, need your expert advice again. Do you have any tips for not creating bald patches on the chests of shihs and mixes where the cowlicks are? I try not to clip right over them and them use the thinners or leave the chest a little longer but I have not been happy with the outcomes. Thanks!

No advice, but I just mentioned this problem to another groomer. I can't seem to get it right either!

I am really looking forward to the replies, and thanks for posting this

Comment

If you're doing a short all over clip, it's kinda hard to avoid. Going up a blade size or two can sometimes help. Otherwise, give them a "bib."

Comment

I have started shaving straight down off the neck then scissoring rounded and fuller to meet the chest. Looks good that way, I suppose that is what Helly means by a bib.
        A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Honestly I don't even worry about it. You can try doing that spot with the same blade in reverse.. which is what I do sometimes if it's a pink skinned dog with short cut.

Comment

I run across this a lot on terriers, schnauzers. I just go up 2 blade sizes to do the chest. If I am using a #7, I go up to a #4. I have found that tends to do the trick. Usually if I am using a snap on comb the cowlicks do not seem to show so bad, so I only do it for blades.
            I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
            -Michelangelo

Comment

I like the bald spots on the chest with a short trim, it looks cute.

Comment

oNE OF THE shihtzu dvds I bought says to hand scissor the chest to avoid that baldness.she stopped the clipper with enough space to hand scissor the whole chest it came out good.

Comment

Working...
                X