Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memory loss. Broken vehicle door handle weldy stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory loss. Broken vehicle door handle weldy stuff?

I read a post very, very, recently....like in the past 12 hours...where someone thanked someone else for "broken vehicle door handle weldy stuff"...it has a name, like W4? (Handle snapped off...uh...broke.)

I had a chuckle, thought "who would ever need that", and I moved on. Well, I know someone that needs that information. now.
    I can't recall the thread or who posted. Hellllppppp! TIA
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Could it have been JB weld ? That friend of yours sure is a clutz.....tee-hee-hee
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
      Could it have been JB weld ? That friend of yours sure is a clutz.....tee-hee-hee
      Yup. That's it. Don't know where I got W4...prolly in the sheared (off) panic of the moment. Thank you Odette. Gracefully yours, Sibes...or in the current .... " ibes".

Comment

Yes, it was JB Weld; sold pretty much everywhere; hardware, drug stores, wal mart, big grocery stores, etc.
        Two tubes; I used a piece of cardboard as a mixing tray and another piece of cardboard to mix them; smeared over both screws, filled the holes, and put around the flat part of the handle where it goes against the side of the van; shoved handle back into holes and left in place without touching for 24 hours; strong as new.
        Deidre

Comment

Thank you Deidre. Now it's all coming back to me....a gate, a busted board, a door handle .......I searched forever for that post!
          (I hope today is a kinder one to you.)

Comment

I was thanking Paul Harvey (longtime radio announcer,and originator of "The Rest of the Story". He only advertised things that actually work and do what they say they will do. JB Weld is a very versatile product that is very effective in repairing metal and other nonporous items, including hard plastic.
            Deidre

Comment

Isn't that stuff just epoxy or is it special epoxy?

Comment

There are lots of different epoxy; all I know is that this one really works.
                Paul Harvey told about someone travelling across the country when their engine overheated and their engine block got a small crack in it. They couldn't find a replacement any where used;a nd couldn't afford a new one; they fixed it with JB weld and finisihed their trip.
                Deidre

Comment

Working...
                X