Irritating Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritating Client

Does anybody have clients that just won't leave you alone? I have a client that called me three times today! He called to see if he could get in earlier than his appointment (which was in a week). Then he called back to cancel his appointment. Then he called again to see if he could get his appointment back. I just couldn't believe how many time one person can call in a day!

irritating clients

how about one (with atoy poodle) who comes in twice a year, dog is always matted, she comes at least a half hour early, and then has appointments and can't pick up until late, or wants me to drop off at her home when I leave (lives a couple minutes from my house), and then doesn't tip?

Comment

Originally posted by robie girl View Post
      how about one (with atoy poodle) who comes in twice a year, dog is always matted, she comes at least a half hour early, and then has appointments and can't pick up until late, or wants me to drop off at her home when I leave (lives a couple minutes from my house), and then doesn't tip?
      omg I have someone I deal with who you just described! Except rather than being a half hour early, she is a half hour late. Messes up my whole day... the issue is she is my friends mom, whom I've known since childhood... so she hasn't gotten the boot... yet. The ones that really get me are the people who call 5 times to see how fluffy is doing, and if fluffy is done yet, then still show up early as you are finishing the dog. :sigh: can't have it all!

Comment

Oh yeah I think we all have someone like that. One of my favorite clients ever will call the day before she needs to get and has to have a n appointment then when I find away to get her in she'll call back and need to change it. I don't mind though because I love love love her dog. So I guess you either fire the client or learn to deal and hope you can train them to pre-book
        "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
        and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
        www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Not a client yet BUT!!!!

I got a call on Saturday form a lady who was referred to me by another groomer who could not get her in any time soon. So I spoke to this lady and after talking with her for about 10 minutes she booked an appointment for Friday morning. I took yesterday and today off for some ME time, and when I checked my phone messages there was one there from this lady's husband. He said in the message that he guessed I was talking to his wife about an appointment for their dog on Friday, well he does not want me to discuss any dog appointments or anything else with his wife, as he takes care of all appointments and record keeping, and therefor I am to talk to him only. He would appreciate me returning his call so he can get all my personal pertinent information, talk to me about my record keeping abilities and then I can discuss an appointment with him.
          Is it just me or does this sound like a situation I don't want to be a part of ??
          If this was my husband speaking to someone about not talking to me about our dogs, I would seriously toss him out on his butt!
          I returned the call a few times and his answering machine says the following " The person you are calling is not accepting your call at this time, try again later, and then repeats it over and over, I couldn't leave a message!
          I am thinking this is a client that can go someplace else, after all, this lady called me, I did not solicit her, or seek her out, she called me.

Am I being foolish or does this sound like a very PITA couple that I don't need.
          He sounds very condescending and controlling, and I think they could be more of a hassle than anything ...

Let me know your thoughts..

Comment

[QUOTE=gluergirl;401058]I got a call on Saturday form a lady who was referred to me by another groomer who could not get her in any time soon. So I spoke to this lady and after talking with her for about 10 minutes she booked an appointment for Friday morning. I took yesterday and today off for some ME time, and when I checked my phone messages there was one there from this lady's husband. He said in the message that he guessed I was talking to his wife about an appointment for their dog on Friday, well he does not want me to discuss any dog appointments or anything else with his wife, as he takes care of all appointments and record keeping, and therefor I am to talk to him only. He would appreciate me returning his call so he can get all my personal pertinent information, talk to me about my record keeping abilities and then I can discuss an appointment with him.
            Is it just me or does this sound like a situation I don't want to be a part of ??
            If this was my husband speaking to someone about not talking to me about our dogs, I would seriously toss him out on his butt!
            I returned the call a few times and his answering machine says the following " The person you are calling is not accepting your call at this time, try again later, and then repeats it over and over, I couldn't leave a message!
            I am thinking this is a client that can go someplace else, after all, this lady called me, I did not solicit her, or seek her out, she called me.

Am I being foolish or does this sound like a very PITA couple that I don't need.

Run for your life from this guy it's none of his business about your personal information or how you keep records only your business practices and how you handle his dogs.
            He sounds very condescending and controlling, and I think they could be more of a hassle than anything ...

Comment

did you piss off this groomer lol?! Yeah I dont think I would want to groom this client either, but you never know.. this person may be a good client in the rough. But knowing me I would prob steer away from someone I would buttheads with, and this person sounds like it. But if you decide you want to try this client out, I would lay any and all ground rules.. appt policies, no show policies fees, dematting policies, etc.. you name it. Good luck! Let him call you back since its them that wants the appointment. If they get mad tell them you kept calling but he was not there and you couldnt leave a message. Its the truth, if he doesnt make the appointment then that may have been a sign

Comment

I don't think I would like this client either ,Your book keeping is none of his concern and I would be very tempted to let him know this upfront .Unless he is the only one calling to make appointments and dropping off the dog and picking up you have to discuss this with his wife.. He's going to be a real PITA.If you decide to go for it lay the ground rules down upfront .Remember he is a client not your employer and he must be aware of this... you can fire him just as fast .

Comment

I have a client that is only a few times a year, dear old man , but I cringe when he calls, wants in that day, I book him and then calls 5 or6 times the of, so I justdont answer thephone, then heshows up in a panic. As for the couple that He wants to know Your record keeping I would make it a point to inform his royal high ass that MY record keeoing is none of his business ! I would not be diplomatic about it either.
                  ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I'm glad it wasn't just me!

I just got a real bad feeling about this guy. His wife was nice, asked questions and I answered all of them, she seemed happy with the products I use, and the way I view grooming - to be as stress free as possible for the dog. I told her that I am not an hour and a half groomer who can have a great groom in that time on every dog and that it takes me about 2 hours for the first appointment because I am not sure how the dog will behave. She even seemed to appreciate that and told me she had an appointment and may be 2and a half hours getting back, and I was fine with that, so she was happy.
                    I was wondering about why this groomer sent this person to me too, because when I first started grooming I had that nasty call from a blocked number, and it was a groomer who was asking me who I thought I was and what was I thinking and she screamed so much I hung up on her...I wondered if this is her way of paying me back for the hang up, if it was her, but I think this woman would be more professional than that, she has a great reputation, tons of experience and unlike me all the education she needed right from the start. She seems to classy to pull something like this, and I know she is booked solid until May. A few of her clients that live close to me with easier dogs have come to me instead of her, just because they live right down the road from me. All of them told me they were honest with her and she was relieved because she has been pushing herself way to hard, and wants to slow down a bit. So, maybe this is just one that she doesn't feel like doing anymore...after listening to the husband, I could understand that LOL! I think I may give her a call, and have a chat with her, thank her for sending clients my way, and maybe if I am really nice, she will say " I hate that guy, don't do it"
                    I will try to call him one more time tomorrow, but that's it. I can read for an hour or rearrange my room if they don't come for the appointment.
                    Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.
                    I was thinking I am just being a real nasty person this week because of last weeks problem...guess that could be part of it, but I still think this guy is a whack job that I will be better off without

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
                      I have a client that is only a few times a year, dear old man , but I cringe when he calls, wants in that day, I book him and then calls 5 or6 times the of, so I justdont answer thephone, then heshows up in a panic. As for the couple that He wants to know Your record keeping I would make it a point to inform his royal high ass that MY record keeoing is none of his business ! I would not be diplomatic about it either.
                      I am sure by some of my posts, you guys can tell I struggle with diplomacy in a big way!
                      My first thought after listening to the message, was what an *sshole!

I really don't think they are my kind of people...I think they can find someone else to groom the dog and maybe some counseling for him while the dog is getting done LOL! If for some reason they do show up on Friday and he speaks to me like that, for his sake I hope he wears a sports cup, to protect his manhood from my foot!

Comment

Strange phone call

Glue Girl, you might have a strange client or a domineering husband, or something all together different. I had a similar ph. call a year ago;

A pleasant client I have known for a few years called and set up an appt. for her 4 dogs. due to a heavy schedule I had to give her an appt. 10 days later. With in a few days her husband called and left a messg. saying the wife just couldn't wait, they took the dogs somewhere else, "sorry, we'll see you next time."

I was really mad and hurt. I'd been grooming the 4 dogs for a few yrs. Why just leave with out even a call to see if anything had changed with my appt's. (tho' as you know it is close to impossible to "squeeze in" 4 dogs). It was about 4-6 weeks later the husband calls to let me know the he will be making all of the appt's in the future and please call only his cell #, not the home phone. HMMMMM...what in the world could all this mean?

He then shared that his sweet wife was diagnosed with Ahlzheimer's. I felt very small for being upset. I thought back to a few months earlier when she told me she was on new meds and sometimes had trouble driving so they would need appts. when he could come along. It all made sense...

So what ever you decide about this client you have...good luck, but keep in mind there could be more to it than you know.

sittingpretty

Comment

Never thouht of that... Sittingpretty

Thanks for pointing that out.
                          I guess it was his tone and the fact that he wants to discuss my records and books and stuff, that just seems like nothing that should be any of his business, but like you said, it could be a wrong impression.

I will try one more time to get in touch with him, and we'll see what happens, I will keep you posted on what happens with this.
                          Thanks again for speaking up If this is anything like your situation, it looks like I will be the *ss

Comment

I can understand a spouse wanting to handle appts. due to a health condition- BUT that has NOTHING to do with your personal info and bookkeeping... uh-uh that dog don't hunt!!

Comment

Don't call him again, Gluergirl. Just [KANK!] STRAIGHT to the curb!!!
                              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                              X