Lack of Wal Mart fabric...ohnoooos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of Wal Mart fabric...ohnoooos

Anyone else going through withdrawl since Wally World pulled out all of their fabric depts?

Gone are the days of 1.99 per yard for bandanas

I now have to drive 30 minutes to get to JoAnnes and their prices are outrageous. I think they upped all of their prices since Wal Mart went out of the fab biz.

The cheapest fabric they have now is 7.99 per yard.... :O If you get lucky and dig around for 1/2 hour, you can find a few shabby looking calico prints on sale for 3 or 4.99 per yard. Thank dog for their meager and picked over remnant bin where you can luck out once in a while and find a few tiny pieces with slashed prices.

PS, for those trying to save on fabric, I have some photos on my profile of how I trim my fabric to create two bandanas out of one. It literally doubles the amount of bandanas you get out of your fabric.

it stinks,doesn't it. my daughter in NH walmart still has a fabric dep't. i send over to buy material for me and when she comes down, brings it over.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

There was still a good selection of fabric at our store when I was there about a month ago...I do need more though. Prices were 2.99 and up. I hope they still have some good stuff at reasonable prices! I've purchased off Ebay before but never found a good source on the internet.

Comment

I shop Ebay for mine most of the time anymore. My Walmart still has fabric though.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I know! they had a great selection too. We've been going to thrift stores lately, buying sheets! in the linen section & also in kid's.. sometimes there's really cute fabric for cheap, still in good condition.

Comment

try Value Village for fabric remnants! I never even thought about what I would do with the remnants that I find and are cute so I've never bought any but now that you've given me an idea. Most prices are any where from 1.99 to 5.99. the higher price getting you quite a bit of fabric.
            I think I know where I'm going today after work......
            ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
            Apparently common sense isn't all that common
            *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I know it stinks up here too. There is a small section, with no holiday patterns. I have learned that ben franklin has nice stuff, with decent prices! They even have most holiday stuff and discount it (Very cool!!) the week before a holday. I got valentines bandana material for .99 a yard

Comment

JOANNES - in the quilting department

Most of the prints that I like are in the quilting department. They usually have some on sale, too.

Comment

Hmm, I didnt realise Jo Ann's had fabric in the quilting dept.

Those of you who still have Wally World fabric are lucky. I am near a -massive- amish and menonite population who all make their own clothes and they still discontinued it at all stores in this region. Now I see all the amish filling up the nearest Jo Ann's and it is a good 35-45 minute trip for them via hired vans.

Comment

some times they have a

$1.00 a yard,if you look hard enough , there are very few left in New Jersey that sell the fabric,and Joanns is too high priced,and they also closed up the Rag shop about a year ago,though that was no real bargain either . I always buy on sale from the last holiday and then put away for next year

Comment

I just swapped to Ryan's bandannas. I am so picky about prints (cannot STAND gawdy prints!) and they carry a few good ones that I always use, plus seasonal ones. I love it because there is no waste and I can get 2 - 8 bandannas out of each square at about 1.79 per square. It is good, firm fabric that holds up when I use my pinking shears to cut them. I mostly groom little or medium sized dogs and I use collar bows for girls with short hair, but sometimes girly bandannas. I love using Helly's idea of tying them with rubber bands for not only safety, but to make a smaller bandanna fit without wasting fabric to tie them.

Has anyone thought of just cutting up sheets from thrift stores/flea markets? Just a thought : ) I'll bet you could all ask for donations of sheets, towels, etc. from clients, too.

Comment

ooooh nooooooo We always get Walmart fab :*( She's been saying they haven't had much selection, but now it's gone for good?? Where are you located?!

Comment

I still have 2 near me that have it. Hope they stay a while.
                          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

We still have fab at the Wal-Mart here. Jo-Anns does have some great sales-get on their list. Went in last Dec, and bought almost a years worth of fabric-they had a the more you buy the more you save sale.
                            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Fabric

Hello, Our walmart also stopped selling fabric. I searched and searched online and no get bandana material from www.ihomewholesale.com
                              or davis brothers also had some at the Atlanta Pet Fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X