I SURVIVED my first competition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I SURVIVED my first competition!

Now that it's done I can honestly say it was an experience I'll never forget, plan on experiencing again and enjoyed every minute of it (well, except for the muzac covers of songs).
    I competed with a S'Poo that took 3 days to brush out and didn't do anything but a lamb trim and while I didn't place, I would have won first place had there been an award for most dramatic change!
    Even if it's only once in your grooming career, you should try it!
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Congrats on competing! I am thinking about trying it out this year at the All American though I have to admit I'm super nervous and doubt my skills are up to snuff (I'm a perfectionist).
    My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

wow- the difference in your dog was incredible!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by itsgot2bme View Post
        I have to admit I'm super nervous and doubt my skills are up to snuff (I'm a perfectionist).
        Once you start working on the dog, you forget about most everything else except for the muzac covers.
        I am a seeeerrious perfectionist! The other two s'poo's were done in a Euro trim and a German so even though I'm happy with how I did and all I really wanted to run and hide after seeing those two dogs and then were the judges were going over my dog, I could see every mistake I made!! I HATE THAT! Don't see them before hand but certainly when the judges are checking the dog
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~

Comment

The first one's the hardest! You've done it and now its smooth sailing ahead. I'm very proud of you. I watched the show on livestream, but unfortunately you were the first dog to the right out of the frame . I heard you introduce yourself though! I hope you took alot of pictures.
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Experience...

As you gain experience you will learn how to get around your dog and check it yourself . Your comb is your friend!

Comment

Congratulations for being so brave and making it through. I hear that is how you learn to perfect your grooms by having them looked over by people like these judges who tell you the areas you need improvement in. Still hard to do though you should be proud

Comment

Originally posted by furrybestjob View Post
                I watched the show on livestream, but unfortunately you were the first dog to the right out of the frame . I heard you introduce yourself though! I hope you took alot of pictures.
                My daughter told me AFTER the fact that the show was being shown on web cam which is a good thing! Had I known, I probably would have ran and hid somewhere.
                I'll have to read how the post pictures here with the new format and post before and after pictures.
                ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~

Comment

So here are before and after pictures....
                  Attached Files
                  ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~

Comment

Congrats Shawn! Did you take pics?
                    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Yes, congrats to you for competing. I am sure it was an awesome experience that you will never forget. Some day, if I ever get that good, I would love to compete too. My hat is off to you. Way to go!!!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are so brave. I still haven't worked up the nerve to compete in the regular grooming comps. I know how you felt just being able to get through the whole process. I was so nervous about competing in creative I thought I was going to be sick before it started. But when they said begin grooming all I was focused on was my dog and what I needed to do. I really want to do the competitions but I am so slow and like you I want perfection but I do not know if I can pull it off. Be proud you did good.

Saundra

Comment

UPDATE: Pic's are posted

Originally posted by doggydivas View Post
                          Congrats Shawn! Did you take pics?
                          They're posted now Mandy!
                          ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~

Comment

Very Nice!

Hi -- I was at the competition yesterday and saw you groom. You did a very nice job! Whahooo and woof! Best wishes on your future competitions, too! ~ Happy tails, Maggie

Comment

no matter what Shawn, you're a WINNER! Your dog looked great

Comment

Working...
                              X