OT False pregnancies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT False pregnancies

OK, I know dogs can go through it and I believe I have heard horses can too, and I'm sure there are other animals out there that can have false pregnacies, but can people? I am trying to figure out what is going on with me. I am NOT pregnant, there is no way, believe me, wont' go into detail because I don't want to give TMI but just rest assured I am not, but my body is behaving like it is. I'm nauseous after I eat at almost every meal, certain smells are suddenly making me sick to my stomach, the thought of cooking, don't go there. Food I used to love, I don't even want to think about. I am exhausted all the time and have fallen asleep a few times during the day (but I am going to a sleep clinic next month to get checked for that), it just seems to have gotten worse. I don't want to be too graphic, but certain areas are sore that get sore during a pregnancy and I've found my, um, brazieres are suddenly too small. I'm going to see my doctor next week, but my husband asked me if there was such a thing as a false pregnancy in people and I didn't know. It would explain a lot, though I don't know anything about it, if it exists, how it would happen etc. So if anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it. I hope you don't mind me asking here, it's just that most of us are women and you may have some experience with this.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

False pregnancy or "pseudocyesis" in humans is a real medical condition. Google it and you will get tons of information.
    My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

Yes, false pregnancy exists, but I would have a medical workup done; it can be caused by real problems that need to be treated.
      Talk to your ob/gyn and get chec ked out.
      Deidre

Comment

Thank you for confirming that it's a real thing. I will be seeing my doctor next week. At least now I know what to google!

Comment

From what I googled and read a false pregnancy in a person is mostly a psychological condition where the person believes that they are pregnant and has symptoms that are believed to be psycho-somatic, so I guess I know that is not me because I don't, in any way, think I am pregnant. I am trying to figure out what is going on with my hormones, something is really off with them. I should have just tried googling it last night, don't know why I didn't think of that.

Comment

It definitely sounds hormonal. False pregnancy, maybe not. It could possibly be menopause. And before you go thinking I'm calling you old, remember, early menopause can sometimes start in early to mid 30's, just depends on a persons genetic code. Could also be you have developed an allergy to something you eat regularly. Allergic reactions can include increased water weight which would make a bra a bit too small. It might also make you seem sick to foods you eat regularly, your body trying to tell you not to eat that. In any case, wishing you well.
            I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
            -Michelangelo

Comment

unless you have had your equipment removed you can get pregnant even if your tubes were tied. But again like someone said it can be a medical condition causing it too so if it continues hget checked out!

Comment

Sorry you are having all these health problems, but dang, it would SUCK if you were preggo! YIKES!!! I go ahead and put myself out of my misery, rofl!!!!

Actually, I ended up being pregnant later in life and I'm STILL paying for it, lol. He's now 16 going on 30! I swore off sex ever since, <giggle>

Comment

I had a friend have some sort of cyst thing on her uterus or her ovaries (I can't really remember the specifics) that triggered a false pregnancy. She had cravings and achings and everything, even her pregnancy test was positive. It wasn't until she had an ultrasound that they found out that there was no baby in there. At first they thought cancer, went in and removed it with scopes, and it wasn't a tumor at all.

Have blood run and see what your doc says.

Comment

Thanks all. Well, not only do I have Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome which made it very difficult for me to get pregnant at all, I am on BCP, my hubby had a vasectomy and that annoying, um, regular visitor has been bothering me. It has got to be hormonal since this unwelcome guest has been hanging out for almost 3 weeks now. Probably a good reason I am so tired. I have to say, I am getting so sick and tired of getting poked and prodded and not getting a whole lot of answers. Medical science seems more of a guessing game than a science! I keep going back and having more blood work done, ultrasounds, etc and so far the only thing they found was my Vit D deficiency. The last time I had my hormone levels checked, about 4 months ago, she said they were all normal. Of course I know they can change. I don't like feeling like something is wrong but not having any answers.

Comment

Oh, I hate to stir things up, and I hate to scare anyone if it's not necessary, but please do keep pursing this. You're describing a lot of the same symptoms Kathy did, and the doctors kept "nothing's wrong"ing her right up until 6 weeks before she died of urethral cancer.

Urethral cancer is women is very rare, which is probably why no one thought of it, until it was really obvious. And too late.

Comment

Working...
                      X