Disgusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusted

Disgusted with human beings. I hate reading stuff like this. It makes me really sick because there is nothing you can do to stop things like this from happening.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...1/detail.html#

You know, it does make me sick. This same information was shared in another thread, and somebody brought up the thought that maybe the dog was owned by an elderly person.

While people do disgust me in their neglect, I often come back to one though:

WE (humans) who love purebred dogs helped to create this. We created the poodle, the yorkie, the pekingnese, the shih tzu, and now the mat ball above them all (when neglected), the coton de tulear.

These dogs are being created, while ignorant people are allowed to own them without any education. It is so sad that an animal suffers because of what humans have turned them into. I hope this makes sense. The dogs we groom at work are not 'natural' they were bred to look like they do---you wont often see matted wolves or dingos and what not. Nope, only the purebred dogs, it seems. Very sad.

Don't get me wrong. I still love my purebred dogs, but this kind of thing just makes me reflect on the causes.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I am in tears! That is so awful and the saddest thing is, we see things like that everyday, obviously not as severe but sometimes close and often times, we are the bad guys who insist on shaving these poor matted dogs when the owners want them to look like the show dog's but have no clue about how to achieve it or they are too lazy or cheap to do what is neccessary to keep thier dog's looking the way they should. I put much of the responsibilty on the breeders in this world. They don't educate the buyers about the breed they are buying. I can't tell you how many times I have heard owners say that the breeder told them that their Bichon or their "designer dog" is low maintence! Maybe they don't shed as much and you won't have to get the carpets cleaned as often but they are NOT low maintenence! Even on the Animal Planet on Dogs 1 on 1, they said Goldendoodles and Labradoodles required very little grooming, I dont know about you guys but all the ones I have seen, fleece coated, wavy of flat, most, need a whole heck of a lot of grooming and all of the owners want them with the shaggy DA look! I am sick to death of the ignorant dog owners and breeders who keep them that way to earn extra dollars. We groomers need to find a way to educate the public on what they are buying into and the future expenses they are buying into, not only to save ourselves from a lot of grief but more importantly to save our dogs!!!

Comment

The part that makes me the sickest is that the poor little guy had no love. He just sat there trapped in his own hair for god knows how long, and no one petted him or talked to him. Why have a dog just to treat it like that. Animals have no choice, and it just makes me sick. I can see an elderly or disabled person not being able to care, but to let it get that bad and then just dump it like a piece of trash is unacceptable. Tammy is right. Nature never would have made the dogs that humans did, and they are the one that pay the price. I just pray that whoever did that suffers as much as he did.

Comment

Originally posted by kwpgrooming View Post
          I just pray that whoever did that suffers as much as he did.
          AMEN!! They should have to feel the pain, lonliness, hunger and desperation that the poor dog did. There is no excuse for that level of neglect....elderly & disabled or not. If you cant care for a pet any better than that, take them to a shelter where they at least have a chance for a better life or to be put out of any suffering in a humane way. GRRR...

Comment

That is so sad! This is not a "purebred" issue. I've seen many dogs of alll breeds in bad shape. Not as bad as this one but bad. The shop that I work in sells puppies. Which is a whole other issue that I wont get into but they alwayse inform the potential buyer of the up-keep of the dog. There is no justification of letting a dog get like this wether it be an elderly person or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
              These dogs are being created, while ignorant people are allowed to own them without any education. It is so sad that an animal suffers because of what humans have turned them into. I hope this makes sense. The dogs we groom at work are not 'natural' they were bred to look like they do---you wont often see matted wolves or dingos and what not. Nope, only the purebred dogs, it seems. Very sad.

Tammy in Utah
              Tammy, I get what you're saying. But it does happen to wolves and coyotes. Maybe not this bad, but they can have absolute sheets of matted fur hanging from them, with red, raw skin underneath. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Part of it is because we just plain don't see them very often, and part of it is because many of them die young.

Comment

Working...
              X