And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins...

just the start of the millions of big hairies that will be blowing coat in my truck!! AHHHH!! I spent 1 1/2 hrs just defurminating a samoyed then thru him in the tub and was surprised at the little amount of hair that came out when I started drying!! Woohoo, i said to Keno! Looks like we won't have a snowstorm after all!! Spoke too soon, dang it...got up to the neck and chest and there she blows!! Holy Hair Batman!.....I hate spring

I miss hairies...

One of the girls I work with does most of the hairies now... I like that I don't have to do ALL of them... but I kind of miss it when I don't do one for a long time.

But no more Newfs... I won't be sad if I never groom another Newf.

Comment

I enjoy making those big, unkept dogs looking great Call me sick or whatever, but there's just so much satisfaction in taking that big mass of year old coat and turning it into a clean, tidy dog. I'd much rather do that than to shave um down

Comment

Just remember to spit your gum out before you turn that HV on. lol

Comment

dad got see

my first one of the year and dad got to help. the vet clinic groomer was afraid of this one so they called me,all he need was to see dad and he was great. but dad had no idea as to how much coat this guy could blow.. got a regular customer and his brother too.next time it won't be so bad. had to deshed dad too

Comment

You might benefit by purchasing Jodi Murphy's DVD on deshedding. Bathe the dog, and while it still has shampoo on, take a slicker brush and deshed in the tub, I then use E-Z Shed Conditioner, by Natures Specialties, and do more deshedding before rinsing the dog...........you will be surprised at how efficient this method is, since all of the hair is now contained in the tub and not flying around. Finish off with by using an HV dyer. I've put away my Furmenator, and strictly use the slicker brush.......no more hairy vans for me !

Happy Deshedding in the tub

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Deshed Dad, lol. He deserved the fur storm, hopefuly he tells everyone how bad it is for the dog.
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Originally posted by scrubapup View Post
                Just remember to spit your gum out before you turn that HV on. lol
                Actually.. my bathers prefer to have gum.. Before.. she would make the mistake of opening her mouth for just a second, then later spend so much time trying to cough out the 'hairballs' stuck to the back of her throat... this way, she can spit it out after really hairy dogs... she can go through a whole pack in one day though.

Man do I remember the old days before HV dryers an had to literally brush/comb all that stuff out.

Comment

Please wear masks ladies and gents! I, too, find the wet deshed method is a real time and mess saver.

Comment

I'm another fan of deshed in the tub, for a variety of reasons. For one, bathing loosens a lot of the coat and it just comes out as you scrub. If you have a bathing system you'll see a lot of hair coming out as you bathe. All of that is hair you will not have to comb/brush/blow out.

I usually don't really go to work on the dog until I have him slathered in conditioner. I use ReFurBish for this because it releases a lot more undercoat. Then I use a rake while I'm letting the conditioner do it's thing. Rinse and blow dry.

I really don't enjoy doing big hairy beasties because they just plain wear me out. I'm not as young as I used to be. But I prefer them over the OAY obese Cocker I did today. Took me 3 HOURS! I ache. It's gonna be an ibuprofen evening I can tell right now.

Comment

Funny you posted this. I'm a brusher/bather and I've been telling my groomer for weeks. I'm afraid of Spring since no dogs were giving me any hair in the tub lately. There still holding on tight to it.

Ugg, Not sure If I like spring any more.

Comment

You know, I have NO IDEA why I didn't do the tub deshedding?? I usually do with this type of dog cuz as i'm using the super sudser, I can just pull wads of wet hair out as the water runs down the body and, then, of course using the rake too. Does wonders! geez :\

Comment

Yep Yep getting the fur fly'n and fleas jump'n already out here and it is going to be a bad flea season with all the wet weather we have had. God I hate fleas!

Comment

Thursday's last appt was 100+ lb 14 year old shaggy Irish Wolfhound mix with bad hips, followed by an appt call for a new OES in full coat :O I just kept thinking "oh noooos" as i took the call all worn out from the IWH mix.

I bathe the shedders in Davis Protein and Aloe mixed with hot water and a touch of conditioner and it releases the coat really well. Thank dog for my K9 III. That sucker is a virtual deshedding machine when I blow them out in the tub.

I am seriously considering buying some of those high powered extra large clippers before I get deluged with anymore spring strips.

Comment

I did an Aussie 2 days ago & a GSD yesterday. I am still cleaning the truck today from the GSD.
                              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                              X