Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My family's heart has been shattered.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My family's heart has been shattered.................

This past Saturday, my daughters best friend from nursery school, Elizabeth Sue Ayers, was killed in a horrible accident. She was 15 yrs old.

I can't stand to think that she won't ever come bopping in our door saying the funniest and most random things you could imagine. I won't ever amused (or bored) again by the detailed "status" of her her ongoing love affair w/Kenny Chesney. I won't find anymore sillly notes that she has left me on the fridge door or sent me by txt. Won't scream her and Katie's name along w/her mother Tasha when they are in the last mile of a cross county run or cheer for the soccer team when they are playing. No more being dragged on marathon shopping trips to the mall. No more funny "Elizabeth stories" told by my daughter.

Katie is so lost. She told me she doesn't have a single memory that doesn't have Elizabeth in it. She wasn't exaggerating much. Those two were hip to hip since they attended daycare together. It's a small town so they were in many of the same classes from kindergarten. We go to the same church. Katie often went on family trips w/the Ayers to the beach or N.C. to visit Elizabeth's grandparents. Elizabeth would spend weeks at a time at our house during the summer. Tasha calls Katie the daughter she never wanted (an inside joke between them that always makes them laugh).

When they were in 3rd grade she and Katie decided they didn't like each other anymore. That was too bad because by that time Tasha and I had developed into best friends and "our boys", James (hers) and Tyler (mine) were best buddies. They were stuck w/each other by mothers force and carpools. That dislike didn't last long.

I am praying that I can be as supportive and helpful to Tasha as she was for me when we lost Joshua almost 5 yrs ago. I am so worried about James who lost his only sister. They were very close. I always wondered to Tasha what was wrong w/her kids cause they rarely bickered. Her daddy Trip is always a quiet and self-contained man. He seems very strong but so did my Todd for about the first year "after". Then he was hit with a depression and rage so deep and strong that he became a different man for a while. Our marriage almost didn't survive it, and to be honest, I think Todd was pretty close to not surviving it either. I pray that Trip doesn't go through that later.

The funeral is today at 4. Katie is going to be one of the pallbarers. Please keep all of us in your prayers as we say goodbye to this wonderful girl. And please, no comments about how she is an angel in Heaven now. I am really angry at God. I'm not the only one who is having a hard time understanding why God would let this child survive a hard pregnancy and a "dry" birth, surgery on her head and kidneys when she was still a toddler, a horrible scoliosis surgery a little over a year ago and splintering bones when she played sports only to take her now in a stupid, freak accident.

Our entire community is just crushed. Last night was the visitation. It was supposed to last from 6-8. We left close to 9 and there was still a line out the door.................
    SheilaB from SC

I'm so sorry for your family's and her family's loss. I pray everyday that my children stay safe and at times consider locking them up to do it. It's so hard to understand such a loss. thoughts and prays to you and yours.
    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
    www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

I am so sorry for this great loss . I guess we will never understand as parents why such things happen, I can't say I wouldn't be angry too...you and your family and her family are in my thoughts and prayers...

Comment

How tragic I am so sorry for your loss....My thoughts are with you, your children and anyone else involved in her life....
        Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
        Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

I forgot to add that you can go to facebook and search for RIP Ellizabeth Ayers.
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

How awful. I pray for peace and understanding for both families.

Comment

Oh my gosh hugs to you and your family especially your daughter and to her friend's family also.

It is tough to lose friends and family at a very young age. I lost a few friends to accidents and suicide as a teenager and I still think of the ones I was closest to to this day and sometimes feel sad.

Comment

I saw the story on the news, am so sorry. I know it's hard to understand why this has happened, but don't lose your faith. My prayers are with you and the girls family.

Comment

Please accept my most sincere condolences. Insert platitude here. (((HUGGS)))
                  "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                  People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Sheila, your post broke my heart. I don't know what to say except how very very sorry I am.
                    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I read your post and I am literally in tears. I feel so awful for you. I don't even know what to say. This is just so very sad. She was so young and you are right, it doesn't seem fair at all does it? We are all here to support you. I call feel through your stories how much you adored her and how you feel it will be hard to be there for your own daughter and family, and for this young girl's family, too. From my point of view, I think the fact that she touched everyone's life so deeply makes her a precious gift, even if she couldn't be here for a very long time. My heart goes out to you...

Comment

I'm so sorry Sheila. I don't understand why these things happen and have no answers. I wish I did. I could never imagine losing a child, it is my worst fear. My heart goes out to you, your daughter, her family and everyone that Elizabeths life touched.
                        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Just a reminder at we never know what's going to happen....I can't imagine what you all are going through and have been blessed that we haven't had to go through anything like that.
                          I hope everybody gets through this in one piece and wish you all the best with love, big hugs, and sympathy.
                          ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                          Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                          *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

I am very sad for your family, especially your daughter. That is a hard thing to go through at any time in our lives, but especially at 15. Take care and give her lots of hugs and love.

Comment

My condolences & HUGS....

Comment

Working...
                              X