Finally got the nerve to post pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the nerve to post pics

This is the first st poo I have ever done please be nice.
    Attached Files

Looks great! I like a little more topknot on my dogs personally, but man that finish is flawless!
    My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

Yes, a bit more topknot next time but all in all, a very nice job!
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

looks really good,most poodles i do get a bigger top knot,but i dont like big top knots myself

Comment

Really nice scissoring, that undercarriage looks perfect!
          Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
          George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I agree with everyone else, a little bit longer on the topknot next time but other than that it is a great start. Beautiful scissoring! Be proud!

Comment

Doesn't really appear to me that you had alot of topknot originally to work with...but I think the dog looks great. Very nice job on the velvety coat. Welcome to the wonderful world of taking pics of black dogs, lol! Keep posting oh-brave-one, after the seventh pic/post...you are officially indoctrinated! Good job!
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I agree, nice finish work. aAs already ppointed out slightly more rounded profile to the topknot which would mean a scotche more hair. Good job and post more pix! I tend to take a ton of pix and can see how my work turned out in reality lol. Pix dont lie, and are very helpful to a groomer to help evaluate their own work.

Comment

Very nice groom, well done.

Comment

Good job!

The dog is beautiful! Very neat and clean looking! I like less top knot, also!

Comment

I have to be honest because it's funny. When I saw the first picture, I was thinking: "Well. I suppose I just won't comment." But then, I saw the second pic and was relieved, LOL! I think he looks so smooth and pretty! I have a few poodles that have owners who do not want a nice, foofy top knot, so as long as there is a reason it is short, I think it is fine being short! I remember my first standard poodle topknot. Eeeew! It was huge and looked more like a big ol' button mushroom just plopped on his head. It was horrid. Oh it was uniform and smooth alright, but egads was it ugly. I am so much better now thank DOG.

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                        I have to be honest because it's funny. When I saw the first picture, I was thinking: "Well. I suppose I just won't comment." But then, I saw the second pic and was relieved,
                        I was thinking the same thing..lol
                        You did amazing work!!! Nice job!

Comment

I'd love to be able to say "Great job!" but I can't. Even when a black dog is standing right in front of my I have a hard time seeing the details. I always have to take my glasses off if I want to really see it.

Didn't work with the picture. All I see is a big black dog shaped thing.

Sorry

Comment

He's very handsome. There wasn't much topknot to start with, but then a tighter topknot is easier for most people to deal with anyway and I have clients that run the range from really REALLY tight to the ones who insist it being too long. (Of course this is the dog with no underhair to keep it up so the next day it looks like a squashed paintbrush, but hey, it's their dog.) You did a nice job making him look like a piece of velvet. Nice tight lines. Yep, very handsome indeed.

Comment

I would have liked to leave more of a top knot but his mom didn't want alot left. She wanted a shorter cut because of the mud. He was an angel to do. I want more poos I love them. He is the only standard I have & I think mom was very pleased she booked every 8 wks for the rest of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X