O/T: looks like my motorcycle is sold, and I am feeling sick :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T: looks like my motorcycle is sold, and I am feeling sick :(

I have some one who is definitely interested in buying my motorcycle today. He is coming at 5pm and the thought of someone else driving it away, makes me nervous and sick to my stomach!
    I know I am getting a new one in a moth or so, so it has to go, but I was hoping it would be a little while more that I could have mine, so I can ride for the next month or so.

Who ever thought you could become so attached to a bike? I fell like I am about to have a panic attack LOL! At least this person knows this bike, and will care for it, do some restoration to it, and will have a ton of fun on it, so I am happy it isn't just going to a home to be wasted on someone who won't appreciate the vintage limited edition Midnight Maxim, that I am about to part with...geez, it's starting to sound like I am losing my best friend or something. But, so many memories have been made on that one, I hope my new bike can help me make many more memories. I know most people hear don't ride, but it is freedom at it's best and I will be missing out on the first 6 weeks of riding season, so that said, I'll have to just deal with it, like it or not, I am sure some will understand, others will think I'm insane
    But, it is still a sad day for me

I know how you feel!

I've never sold a motorcycle, but have been rather attached to some of the cars I've sold. Like you said, it's probably not the bike itself, but the memories attached. The memories will stay, even though the bike is gone. Try to focus on the new bike and rides with Marty! Six weeks will go by before you know it!

Comment

Sold...

It is going to a good home where the person will enjoy it to it's potential. It has to stay here for a week or so until he can return and pick it up, so I can look at it still for a few days more.
      On the brighter side, I got the exact amount that I wanted for it, so the new bike will be paid for and in the garage in a month.
      I am so looking forward to it
      Many more memories to be made on the new one

Comment

Yikes...missing the first six weeks is tough. I remember when we would be on the edge of our seats, waiting for the first decent bike weather. When it finally arrived, we'd go for a ride and I'd have the goofiest smile plastered on my face ALL day long. We had a big, ole '83 Honda Goldwing and rode that thing all season long. I was always sad to have to put it away for the winter.

So, tell us about your new bike. Are you getting new? Stock or custom? CCs, colour...details please.
        "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Glad it went to a good home!

It's great that you will have the new bike within the month!

Comment

You never forget them. I swear they're like pets. I've had a few. As a matter of fact, just yesterday, I could have swore that I saw an old sportster that I had twenty years ago at a gas station. I even had to walk closer to it to see. But it wasn't. It's a good thing or I would've tried to buy it back. I quit riding a few years ago when I decided that I wasn't enjoying the hour and a half commute to work in the hot sun anymore. I traded off my Road King - ex sheriff's bike- for a Miata. Now I miss the Miata more than the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Crazy View Post
              Yikes...missing the first six weeks is tough. I remember when we would be on the edge of our seats, waiting for the first decent bike weather. When it finally arrived, we'd go for a ride and I'd have the goofiest smile plastered on my face ALL day long. We had a big, ole '83 Honda Goldwing and rode that thing all season long. I was always sad to have to put it away for the winter.

So, tell us about your new bike. Are you getting new? Stock or custom? CCs, colour...details please.
              Ok, the new bike is my dream machine, there are not to many of these around. It's a 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter 800, with the Indian Head Fenders. She is customized and modified with new pipes, and is board (sp) out so she actually runs at about the same as an 1000 Cc bike. She is beautiful, so here she is.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sweet. No wonder you want to ride up to Canada Grooms. Here's hoping your six week wait flies by.
                "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X