Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite finishing spray/detangler for drop coats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your favorite finishing spray/detangler for drop coats

    What does everyone like to use for yorkies, malteses to help final scissoring or finish dematting after the bath that doesn't leave the fur greasy and harder to scissor?

  • #2
    I like Chris Christensen Ice on Ice I don't think it leaves any oily feeling. I use it on all my dogs. Love it. I've also used the crown royale sprays and like them as well.
    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
    www.wagmoresalon.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Ice On Ice and/or Quicker Slicker

      Scott

      Comment


      • #4
        I use quicker slicker on all of my dogs

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pooh13 View Post
          I use quicker slicker on all of my dogs
          Do you only use it before the bath or after the bath?

          I used this on a maltese after the bath to get tangles off of her elbows and only did a couple of spritzes but it made her fur look greasy, messy in that area and hard to dry and style.

          I was doing a housecall so I explained we will make the legs nicer last time and how the greasy look kept them from looking right but they could've cared less they like em the way they were but it bugged me.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have been using Mane and Tail Olive Oil conditioning spray. Found it at Sally's and it works really well and smells fresh and clean.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dog Daze View Post
              Do you only use it before the bath or after the bath?

              I used this on a maltese after the bath to get tangles off of her elbows and only did a couple of spritzes but it made her fur look greasy, messy in that area and hard to dry and style.

              I was doing a housecall so I explained we will make the legs nicer last time and how the greasy look kept them from looking right but they could've cared less they like em the way they were but it bugged me.
              I use it after the bath on a dry coat. I don't saturate the hair with it just a light mist before brushing then after grooming a light spritz over the top for scent(I love the smell of it) I also do not use extra conditioners during the bath only shampoo (plum silky which has conditioners built in) if you over moisturize the coat it tends to look stringy or greasy.sometimes less id better

              Comment


              • #8
                I like Groomer's Edge Solution, diluted 32:1. It's a very versitile product, and IMO dogs dry faster when they'er sprayed with it, it doesn't leave them feeling greasy or make the coat limp.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I must have used too much it didn't look greasy til after I sprayed it. I used #1 all systems cleaning & conditioning shampoo and Results Rinse and a light spray of leave in conditioner for drying and brushing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dog Daze View Post
                    I must have used too much it didn't look greasy til after I sprayed it. I used #1 all systems cleaning & conditioning shampoo and Results Rinse and a light spray of leave in conditioner for drying and brushing.
                    are you buying premixed or concentrate?if concentrated maybe your not diluting enough

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I love the Show Seasons Detangle. Every dog gets the speed dry spray, unless they have some skin problem and that leaves a nice finish, and I love my Corwn Royal for certain coats too.
                      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pooh13 View Post
                        are you buying premixed or concentrate?if concentrated maybe your not diluting enough
                        It is the premixed

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I just tried a sample of Espana grooming spray and really liked it. I'm ordering a larger bottle so I can try it on some more dogs. They also seem to have some interesting shampoos for dogs with problem skin.

                          I also like O.M.G. by Fluffy Puppy
                          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            right now I'm using the SS Detangle and I like the way it works

                            I've taken to using it as a scissoring/finishing spray as well, but I dilute it WAY down and apply a very light mist as I'm combing. Never looks greasy and seems to work well on even the thinnest and thickest coats.

                            I DO want to try the Crowne Royale too (not the liquor, lol)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I use Ice On Ice-misted lightly while the hair is damp.
                              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

                              Groom on!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X